“Absolutely top-class property!”
Review of Conrad Pezula

Conrad Pezula
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Knysna
Reviewed 17 February 2009

Stayed here for three days in October, which was too little time! This is a top-class property, with five-star service. The attention to detail, the food, the pool, the spa, even the toiletries in the bathroom are worthy of a world-class exclusive hotel.

Knysna is a bit far from most other places, and we didn't think there was much to see there, but worth a visit if you can stay at a fab hotel like Pezula!

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank SunDiver
Victor C, General Manager at Conrad Pezula, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2015

Dear SunDiver

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at Conrad Pezula.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we are grateful for your feedback.

Thank you for the recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 29 December 2008

Could not recommend this hotel enough. Staff attend to your every need. As all other reviews a must is to spend time at the castle. We went horse riding which was also a fabulous experience. The spa treatments are just heaven!

The room was just exquisite with extra touches that made you feel in your own special space.

Don't ponder about booking just do it you won't be disappointed.

If you have a car take yourself off to Plettenberg bay for a trip out on a boat.

Jane & Steve : Berkshire

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rocky2358

Dear rocky2358

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at Conrad Pezula.

I am delighted to hear that you had a fabulous experience and thank you for your recommendation.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful stay.

Reviewed 29 October 2008

Gorgeous resort with stunning rooms and staff that are eager to please. We were a bit dissapointed to find a supposedly eco-aware sporting a menu of different bottled waters flown in from around the world! Zacharys restaurant was good food but a bit too fussy.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Londonmallu

Dear Londonmallu

Thank you for you review and for choosing to stay at Conrad Pezula.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our special resort.

We appreciate your feedback and please rest assured that we take every opportunity to make continuous improvements.

We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 23 October 2008

I am due to stay at this hotel as part of my honeymoon in November. Nothing has been too much trouble for the staff in terms of organising dinners, spa treatments, on-site and off-site actitivties and even a special honeymoon bath! This is one special place and I cannot wait to get there.

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank JoLo40

Dear JoLo40

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at Conrad Pezula.

I am delighted to hear that you received excellent service and I do hope that you had a special honeymoon.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 October 2008

i am a travel agent so we went on an educational trip to south africa and one of the hotels we got to stay in was the pezula.
From the minute we walked in I fell in love with it the rooms are unbelievable and zacharys restaurant serves the best food!!
We were treated like royalty from start to finish and I dont think I can say a bad word about this hotel.
My favourite part of the hotel is the staff they made you feel so welcome and nothing is too much for them
The castle on the beach is gorgeous and the land that the hotel own is huge where you can go horse-riding or play golf
I have had the priviledge of staying in some beautiful hotels around the world and in other areas of South Africa and I have to say this is by far the best hotel!!
If you get the chance to stay here you wont be disappointed and I cant wait to go back!!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank shelly2212

Dear shelly2212

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at Conrad Pezula.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 September 2008

I have just returned from a 3 night stay at Pezula - Best described as perfect ! The service is impeccable, the staff are sensational, the accommodation is magnificent and the cuisine sublime. A visit to Pezula's Castle at Noetzie is an absolute must.....quite out of this world. Apart from all the staff, special accolades must go to Pezula's Operations Director, Russel Binks, and Rooms Division Manager, Carla Puverel, who set incredible standards. Pezula is a MUST VISIT destination for a real "WOW" experience.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank WANDERMAN

Dear WANDERMAN

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at Conrad Pezula.

We appreciate your positive and encouraging feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 February 2008

My boyfriend and I were introduced to Pezula by our friends, who live in Cape Town. They had found the resort reviewed in a guide book, so we weren't exactly sure what to find.

The 4 of us showed up in the afternoon - almost an hour late of a spa appointment that we two girls had made in advance. We called ahead to warn the spa that we would be late, expecting that they would give us the shpele about a 24-hour cancellation notice. Instead, they told us to drive safely and that everything would be ready for us when we arrived.

After driving up to the front entrance, porters greeted us, unloaded the trunk, which was completely jam packed, and brought all of our stuff to our rooms for us. Walking into the main entrance, you immediately know that you're at a classy place. It is immaculate, with high ceilings and lots of marble. The concierge desk seems to float above the floor. Everyone who greeted us treated us like we were special.

The two girls were ushered down to the spa for our appointments, which were TOTALLY THE BEST SPA TREATMENTS EVER! I got a spa facial, mani and pedi. Two women attended to my mani and pedi as I lay, half asleep in my mask. After the treatments, I was guided to the "recovery" room (like who needs a recovery after a spa treatment?). This dark, beautiful room was lit by little candles and contained 3 aquabeds that give you a warm massage for 20 minutes before you leave.

The suites are immaculate and huge. They have a pillow menu for you to choose pillows if you don't like the already plush ones in the room. They drew a bubble bath for me, complete with champagne, waiting for me after my spa treatments.

Pezula has a castle that they've built on their private beach, which is absolutely immaculately, stunningly beautiful, where you can enjoy lunch while overlooking the red beach heads and the Indian ocean.

My boyfriend loved the golf course. When he rented clubs, they asked him his preferences and gave him the exact clubs and shafts that he wanted. The golf carts were equipped with GPS, so they knew where he was at all times and could bring him food or drinks.

The food as really, really great. Very gourmet. In the beautiful dining room, I sat in a little alcove and when I looked up, there were little twinkling stars in the ceiling.

The service was perfect. As I mentioned, everyone treated us like we were their first priority. Everyone seemed to know our plans for the whole day, and people would come up to us and say, "We see that you have a spa appointment at 4PM, can we send a golf cart for you?"

Finally, my favorite part was the beautiful brand new Yamaha baby grand next to the bar. I spent some time playing for the appreciative bar staff and made some new friends.

All in all, I wish I could live at Pezula. Maybe I'd spend my summers at the castle and my winters at the resort :)

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jujukate

Dear Jujukate

Thank you for you review and for choosing to stay at Conrad Pezula.

I am delighted to hear that your overall experience was excellent and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Victor Chalfoun

Also consider these accommodations in or near Knysna
Protea Hotel by Marriott Knysna Quays
The Turbine Boutique Hotel and Spa
The Plettenberg Hotel
The Plettenberg Hotel
#2 of 13 in Plettenberg Bay
Simola Hotel Country Club & Spa
Villa Afrikana Guest Suites
Villa Paradisa Guest House

Been to Conrad Pezula? Share your experiences!