Myself and my girlfriend visited Tonquani for the week of the 16th of January 2012. If you're seeking a relaxing, tranquil, serene and romantic experience, look no further than Tonquani. The log-cabin style chalets were amazing, the decorations rustic and full of character - with all the modern amenities. Air-conditioning was amazing as it was 38 degrees celsius at the time of our arrival! We didn't make too much use of the jacuzzi bath as it was a little too warm for that - but I can imagine that in winter it would be absolutely sublime. But by far the most amazing part of our experience at Tonquani was the service received from all the staff. They are absolutely amazing (thanks especially to Ruth - wha a wonderful lady!), and would go out of their way to ensure that all your desires are met. On two mornings we ordered breakfast in bed and it was absolutely stunning - the omelettes are highly recommended! Outside the gardens are tranquil and beautiful. If you are a fan of birdlife I imagine this would be paradise. Set in the forest it sets the mood for a tranquil and serene holiday. If you're looking for a romantic getaway, or a break from the hustle and bustle of city life this is the place for you. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Knysna's multi award-winning lodge offers luxurious individually decorated log chalets and family suites with every conceivable comfort including minibar, complimentary port and chocolates, tea, coffee and biscuits, TV, hair dryer, heater and air conditioner. Four units have a Jacuzzi bath, fireplace and the executive chalet has a private spa area for the ultimate in pampering. All units have private patios, air conditioner and barbecues and are serviced daily. For our guests' convenience we offer an affordable on-site laundry service. Sun loungers invite you to enjoy the welcoming coolness of the main swimming pool which is set in tranquil gardens where you can also enjoy a light lunch on the decked lapa. Three units have private splash pools and there is secure on–site undercover parking. The Spa has been designed to ensure total relaxation and privacy and clients enjoy the exclusive use of the Spa facilities during their treatment. There are all kinds of treatments and therapies to relax, replenish and invigorate. Guests can look forward to enjoying a full and varied breakfast with freshly baked scones, muffins and pancakes. On request all meals can be served in your unit. A light lunch menu is offered and complimentary tea and cake is served every afternoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Knysna Tonquani Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knysna Tonquani Hotel Knysna
- Knysna Tonquani Lodge And Spa