“Amazing place to stay”

Knysna Tonquani Lodge & Spa
Ranked #21 of 127 Knysna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We stayed for a night in December 2012 and had a truly amazing experience. The lodge & gardens are beautiful. The spa & massages we had were excellent. The thing that set this place high up was the customer service. Brilliant, helpful & every staff member was so friendly. Wow, you don't often get that in SA! We will definitely be back sometime in the future & will make sure we stay longer than one night next time. Thanks so much for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicola B

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Spent my honeymoon at tonquani. the service was excellent everything was perfect! My wife couldn't be more happier. Would definately refer this place to anyone interested in a relaxing enjoyable holiday.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank AmeerNadirah
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Thank you to the staff and owners for always making us welcome - nothing is too much. Thank you also that kids are welcome and that our daughter had a lovely time at Tonquani. The excellent upkeep of the grounds and surrounding areas are great! You can be really proud and the SPA is heavenly - thank you for the treat!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Magda L
Reviewed 27 December 2012

my wife and I stayed for 4 nights over christmas 2012. We had suite 12 which has its own little private garden. The staf as others have said are all very lovely (as are the owners) and nothing is too much trouble. They evenprovided us food and a braai pack for Christmas day - the best jumbo prawns and ostritch steak I have ever tasted!

Spa treatment was also nice. Only critisim would be the bathroom was looking a bit tired in places. Other than that we had a wonderful stay, thanks.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank edwowen
Reviewed 21 December 2012

We had a great time at Tonquani. All the staff were so friendly and helpful. The rooms are beautiful and they attend to the smallest detail. Will definitely be back again :-) , and then we will stay in room that overlooks the swimming pool.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johline C
Reviewed 18 December 2012

My stay at Tonquani Lodge and Spa was amazing! There is no better word. It is jaw droppingly beautiful, so peaceful, so quite and so wonderful. I was lucky enough to be there for about 10 days and each of them was perfect!
When we arrived we were put straight at ease, bought some tea & coffee and instantly we were relaxed after our 5 hour drive! We were given pamphlets on the surrounding areas, information of Knysna and then they booked a table for us for dinner.
Honestly, I cannot praise the staff enough! Nothing was too much trouble and you hear that phrase thrown around a lot but honestly, I left feeling like I’d made a group of friends. They were so wonderful, so helpful & so understanding. Even the members of staff that I didn’t see all that often were friendly, they remembered you and every day you were greeted with a smile!
We didn’t have a single problem during our stay!
The rooms are just divine! So large, airy and fantastically decorated! For those who want a cosy night in, there is a selection of dvd’s, the TV is good and our lodge had both an ac and a heater – just in case!
Knysna as a location is just fantastic because it is so close to places! You can go and be a tourist or even be a local (or act it in my case) because there is so much to do in the surrounding areas! There is an endless list of possibilities of what you can do. I personally went for a walk with a cheetah, did some surfing, went whale/dolphin/seal watching, went to a wolf sanctuary (and fell in love with a pigmy goat!), went to museums, shopped, ate at a lot of restaurants with a lot of gorgeous food, bungee jumped and genuinely had the time of my life!
The spa is obviously a must, Geraldine is just magical! If I could have had it my way I would’ve been in there every day!
In all honesty, Tonquani Lodge and Spa made our trip! Thank you guys so much! I miss you all already!
Ps - The breakfasts are amazing! I recommend the French toast and don’t forget the bacon!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lou-la-Belle-33
Reviewed 10 December 2012

We have had a wonderful time at Tonquani Lodge. Everybody was so kindly and helpful.
The Tonquani Lodge is a location like paradise, situated in a wonderful garden, quiet rooms with all you need. We wanted to stay for three nights, but we left after six nights. A great amizing time. We hope, we'll come back to South Africa with our friends or our children. Then we'll come back to Tonquani Lodge. Sure :-)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple