We stayed here for only one night (3 April 2009) during our trip along the Garden Route.
Your experience here probably depends on the room you get, its decor and the view, with each room having its own particular theme.
The positives of this place were:
* good directions on the website
* friendly and helpful staff – they even let us use the internet in their office the morning we checked out
* it was a clean place (notwithstanding the initial slight musty dried water smell that you can get in places near the water)
* nice modern bathroom
* there was a small balcony should you want to sit outside
* easy walking distance to Thesen Island restaurants and boutiques
* next door to the delicious Ile De Pain cafe and near the Knysna Oyster Company which had the nicest oysters we ever tasted!
* plenty of car parking
The negatives were:
* our room (2B we think) was a bit small and the only outside view was of some roofs!
* our room was also next to the laundry so you could hear the odd bump and thump from there
* the breakfast voucher for Ile De Pain was only for 100 Rand which doesn't always buy you a complete breakfast
* the car parking spaces were a little tight, this made parking difficult
Maybe if you stay here you should ask for a room with a view of the lagoon. This would probably make a big difference to your stay.
Looking at the shops and restaurants, Thesen Island is obviously targeted at a well-off clientele - you certainly won't hear the beat of jungle drums here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lofts Boutique Hotel is housed in the old Boatshed on Thesen Islands, Knysna. The refurbished building with its architectural design gives The Lofts Boutique Hotel an individuality which is also reflected in the difference in the Luxury Loft Rooms & Self catering apartments’ decor. Our accommodation consists of 3 lagoon suites with uninterrupted and breathtaking views of the lagoon, 7 luxury loft rooms and 5 luxury 2-bedroom suites all overlooking the beautiful architecture of Thesen Harbour Town. We also offer our guests a beautiful splash pool to laze around on sunny days & a martini bar lounge area where you can relax with a cup of coffee in the morning or enjoy a drink while watching the sun set in the afternoon.Our friendly service will spoil you and will make your stay memorable. Visit the privately owned spa and pamper yourself with luxurious treatments or stroll through The Boatshed and enjoy the unique shops open for you to experience or enjoy a superb meal at famous île de païn bread café, one of South Africa’s top ten restaurants.The location on the waters’ edge provides our guests with a tranquil relaxing experience. Here you will enjoy the serenity of an island, the magnificent views of the surrounding green hills and the power of nature expressed by the changing moods of the lagoon.The Lofts Boutique Hotel will be your most memorable escape to date! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Lofts Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lofts Hotel Knysna