“great stay in the garden route”

Footprints of Knysna
Ranked #20 of 107 Speciality Lodging in Knysna
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We were lucky enough to stumble on Mary woolmington's delightful self catering establishment in the wonderfully named suburb of Old Place in Knysna,it has the most glorious views of the lagoon and heads,from very comfortable self contained apartments with all mod cons.
We had 4 great days and spent some time relaxing by the sparkling pool,
enjoying the sunshine ,views and the birds in the beautiful gardens.
We would recommend anyone to stay with Mary and explore the quaint old town of Knysna and the delights of the surrounding area.

Room Tip: would recommend the Cabin,has a great veranda with spectacular views and a barbecue and loungers
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I travel allot in the Western Cape area and stayed at a number of places , but Forget me Not has so far exceeded all my expectations I enjoy the calm and tranquillity , The garden setting and the most amazing view by far , The welcoming I received from my first stay has bee excellent . I will always book my stay at Forget me Not , It feels more like home then my own houses .
Ten out of Ten overall

Room Tip: The "Nest" is the ideal room with all of the acquired amenities
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
MaryDerek, Owner at Footprints of Knysna, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Thank you Jack. We look forward to seeing you again, and again!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at Forget-Me-Not for a very pleasant relaxing week. We most enjoyed our meals on the balcony overlooking Knysna Lagoon. We were even allowed to bring our little poodle. A very hospitable establishment and a very friendly and helpful hostess.

Lutz N

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review, appreciate your time. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed in the "Cabin" with our three kids for three nights and loved the place. In addition to being in a great location, super clean, well maintained and well appointed what really made the stay lovely was the owner Mary. She was welcoming, kind, friendly with our kids and very helpful. A real treat to deal with. One of our best experiences on our current extended travels to date!

I haven't even mentioned how great the garden area was with the pool. My kids didn't want to leave the grounds!

If you are coming to Knysna you shouldn't look any further!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
MaryDerek, Owner at Footprints of Knysna, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Thank you Karl and family. It was very special to have you and I am so pleased you had meaningful stay. Mary.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed for the whole month of February, and had a wonderful and relaxing time, my air conditioned Rose apartment was clean and comfortable, the garden and pool were really special, the view was exceptional, I was treated like on of the family by Gwen and Dave, I would recommend Forget -me-not for a great relaxing holiday, In the beautiful village of Knysna with its easy access to the Garden Route and all its attractions.
Graham Nicholls
Brentwood
Essex

Room Tip: The nest has the best view, but the cabin and Rose also have great views.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Hey Kim, thanks for the review, sorry the bed was not right for you. I am now asking every guest in that room if the bed was comfortable and if I get another (?) it will be changed. Best regards. Mary

Reviewed 7 May 2013

My fiance and I stayed in a self-catering apartment in early May 2013 called "The Nest". The apartment was very comfortable, with a lovely deck and views out over the lagoon and towards the Heads, although they are some distance away. The location of the B&B is great in that it is a few minutes drive to the Knysna centre, about 5 mins to the Waterfront, 5 - 7 mins to the Eastern Head and 10 minutes to Pezula golf course. The apartment was very clean and neat with a good sized bathroom with both a bath and shower. Although we never prepared any meals in the apartment or ate there, it seemed that everything you would need to do so was in the kitchen. We never met Mary and Derek as they were in Jo'burg when we were there, but David was lovely and helpful and friendly without being too "in your face", which we like.

On the downside, and the reason for our rating of a 4 rather than a 5, was because we didn't find the bed terribly comfortable. It seems to perhaps be an older bed that doesn't have modern "technology" in the springs /coils and as such, when your partner moves around, the whole bed wobbles and I found that I was getting woken up very easily. Unfortunately, that detracted from our stay somewhat as we love a good nights sleep. But, having said that, no-one else seems to have commented on this and so maybe we are slightly lighter sleepers than others. But both my fiance and I had the same problem so I'm not sure.

Do visit Knysna and enjoy all that it has to offer! It is a stunning little town, with a great and varied choice of restaurants, things to do and golf courses. And if you do visit, a stay at Forget-Me-Not will not disappoint.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Sadly we did not meet Mary and Derek as they were visiting family during our stay but we were in the very capable hands of their friends Dave and Gwen. We stayed for 6 nights in the Cabin which we found to be very clean and comfortable and as other visitors have said with wonderful views of the lagoon. Just one little critisism. It is one room, all be it a very large room, with no division between the cooking and sleeping areas, not ideal. It does however have a lovely balcony, gardens and pool so we still feel confident to recommend it.

Room Tip: Take insect repellant with you.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple