“Good value for money”

Ranked #15 of 22 Milnerton B&B and Inns
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Rooms are equipped with all the necessary basics (tea, heating, etc)
Service is nice and friendly.
Some of the rooms have no wifi, some have very old black and white tv sets.
Breakfast is too light and has not much choice.
Some efforts on decoration would make the stay even more pleasant.
Overall an excellent value for money experience!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Israel
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

The location is quiet, quite a way from Capetown (about 20 minutes), but if you rent or own a car, it is very good. Sleep comfort was exceptional - mattress, down blanket and feather pillows - better than at home. The manager was very helpful when I was experiencing car problems, and very welcoming in general. For the price I paid, I never experienced anything close to this guesthouse.

A little more thought to the internal design, e.g., a bigger desk, could make it an even better accommodation.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Port Elizabeth
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had a good five night stay,The room was clean, spacious and well maintained. I received wi-fi password to ensure I can continue working while at the guesthouse. Breakfast was served promptly on my request. All the Staff are friendly and made my stay very pleasant.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Jessica H
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Welcome makes you like feel home away from home. But the was brown spot on the fitted sheet kind like a blood. Saturday my room was not made up and when I highlighted it I was told it because they thought I was inside. You made a convenience of placing the do not disturb sign in the rooms and if a person needs to make up the room comes to the door and do not find the sign the least they is to knock and find out, instead of assuming. Because the time I left I even left the sign on the door for making up my room and it means that they didn't even go back. And the time I have left they were still cleaning in other rooms but the did come and clean.

And in the morning when the lady bring food I requested for tea which have never came until I went to the kitchen to request again. And when went in there was no any nice word just I will bring it in weird voice as if I am bothering her. It will been nice if she was nice and say apologies I have forgotten or say to me I very busy it slipped my mind.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Mboniseni M
Somerset West
Reviewed 24 March 2014

All in all a good guest house , value for money and would use your facilities again.
Just please teach your cook to do the breakfast properly . Thats where your service goes down the toilet . We had to show her in the kitchen how to fry our eggs ?.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Windhoek, Namibia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Saffron is a bit far from the centre of Cape Town (15 k) but the route to town is a fast highway, except during rush-hour. People nice, room OK, bed lumpy, internet only worked in lounge/dining room. Inexpensive - you get what you pay for. I would use it again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed at Saffron House on March 2 to 4, 2014. A very nice and respectable place! I recommend it and would go back. Wonderful Manager Carin and the most excellent service I have received in many years. Thank you

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milnerton
Cape Town Beachfront Apartments at Leisure Bay
#5 of 22 in Milnerton
Sunset Beach Lodge & Spa
Sunset Beach Lodge & Spa
#1 of 4 in Sunset Beach

Been to Saffron House Guesthouse? Share your experiences!