“Fantastic evening”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My family from Johannesburg spent the festive season in Cape Town. We decided to take them to the Italian Club the evening before they returned home. It was SO wonderful. It was a Friday evening. They had live entertainment and we could dance until after midnight! The food was excellent and the service tops. My visitors were impressed to say the least. We visit this restaurant regularly and they never disappoint us. Well done to management and staff.

There are newer reviews for Fratelli Palmieri at The Italian Club

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We went to the Italian club recently on a Friday night for dinner and a great time was had by all, the music (live band) was amazing and kept us entertained. The service was a bit slow and we had to ask for our take away. Its recommended that you make a booking as they fill up fast. I would not order the prawn pasta as they do not shell the prawns properly it was a complete waste of a dish as it was not safe to eat. The rest of the table really enjoyed their meal, I would definitely go back. Please note that there was a R20 cover charge (for the band) and they include tip to your bill

Reviewed 20 March 2013

If you want good value for money and you have a big crowd then this is the place to go to. The restaurant is huge and is more for family and noisy gatherings. Definitely not for a romantic night out. I had the Veal Mushroom, with chips - at R72. The taste was good and the portion generous. My hubby had the Oxtail with mash at R83 - good home cooked flavour and also generous portion. On a price comparison to other restaurants the Italian Club is tops. This month we are spending time on "taste tests" so we can decide on a venue for hubby's birthday bash.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Allora ! I admit that I am a bit biased when it comes to Italian food / cooking, so booking for a meal at Fratelli Palmieri which forms part of the Italian Club in Milnerton was eventually bound to occur. For me it was an absolute delight to find how "very italian" the food actually is. Whilst in Italy, we ate at some very expensive restaurants and it gives me pleasure to report that the food here was not very different either in taste nor texture from that which was served to us in Italy. The waiters knew their stuff and were friendly too........nothing that we requested was too much for them to attend to. What a delightful restaurant.....friendly, homely and very Italian !

Dine at any Italian restaurant in Cape Town, but dont forget to make a booking at Fratelli Palmieri as well :-)

1  Thank gerberpm
Reviewed 6 March 2012

It's a venue I've been to on numerous occassions for various different functions. My last visit was for their 'last Thursday of the month prawn special'; eat as much as you like for R99.00 - impressive I'd say. The venue is very loud so be prepared for that. My first plate of prawns was disapointing and I told the waitor and he ensured that every plate after that was good. They bring you 8 prawns at a time so you can be assured to have warm prawns all evening. Good value for money.