“Location location location”

Cape Town Beachfront Apartments at Leisure Bay
“Location location location”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

The view is incredible, the setting untouchable.
But so poorly managed its potential is wasted. Although that is nice for me, because otherwise it would always be busy here.
I wanted to comment for a long time, but now I must.
I ordered some food from hotel. It was bad, but I ate some because I was so hungry. Then I gave most of it to a dog and the dog wouldn't eat it!!!
If it wasn't such a perfectly beautiful location, this place would be empty.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank dumpling206
Elbé C, General Manager at Cape Town Beachfront Apartments at Leisure Bay, responded to this review, 18 December 2012
Dear Guest,

I refer to the Guest Review that you wrote after your stay with us. We wish to assure you that your feedback about your service experience at our hotel is viewed in a serious light.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that was caused to you during your stay. Your experience of the service delivery overall most certainly does not reflect the high standard that Leisure Bay Luxury Suites is usually proud to offer. I confirm therefore that your concerns have been addressed and that corrective action is being taken to rectify the shortcomings.

Guest feedback is imperative for us to ensure whether or not we are meeting and exceeding our Guests' expectations. We need to know when we have done right, but more importantly, when we have done wrong! Your feedback has therefore been truly invaluable to us. Should you require any further assistance from our side, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Yours sincerely,

Elbé Cronje

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Cape Town
Reviewed 27 July 2012

What a place this is...it cant get any better than this.Upon checking in we where up graded to a two bed room sea view facing apartment.
The apartment had everything in we could ask for, i mean everything from extra blankets to cups...and a perfect view of the sunset.

Room service menu is cheap and the food taste great.

I will return to this place again and again.

Room Tip: Try to get room on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Thysmetys
USA
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I loved my stays at the Leisure Bay! I stayed here on two different occasions during my business trip, and will absolutely stay here again.

The hotel itself is nothing special; feels kind of like an 80's-era Florida condo. The furniture was a little tired in the second floor room I had on my first visit, but perfectly fine (not torn or unkempt at all). The third floor room I had on my last visit looked newly remodeled. Both rooms were very clean, and well-stocked with everything necessary.

The staff was great. Very friendly and helpful, and a pleasure to deal with. Security patrols are frequent, and the guards at the entrance gate quickly learn who you are.

Breakfast features a nice selection from a cold buffet, as well as hot items from the regular menu. I was actually disappointed the morning I slept in and missed it. I also ate dinner at the hotel a couple of times, and it was likewise good. I used room service so I could keep working to finish my presentations, and there were no surcharges or taxes added to the price. Very refreshing.

But the best part of the hotel, bar none, is the view from the back deck. The hotel is right on the water and is THE place to be for sunset, especially when the weather is clear. Watching the sun rise and seeing the colors change on Table Mountain is also very nice, but nothing beats the sunset. Any time I was in the room I had the curtains and sliding door open to hear and watch the surf. Beach access is right out the back door on the main level of the hotel, and it’s a safe, great place for a stroll.

Here's what to know before you go:
• You will need a car to get around and to get into Cape Town; you can’t really walk to any restaurants or shops that are close (at least that I saw). The drive into town is quick and easy, about 10-15 minutes depending on where you're going.
• The hotel’s street address does not appear on most GPS systems, so find it using the ‘Hotels’ Point of Interest function on your GPS unit. Lagoon Beach, the hotel next door, also comes up this way.
• The hotel has South Africa-style plugs only (except for shavers), so be sure you have an adapter or two with you. The front desk does have some extras you can borrow for free (saved me on my first visit until I bought one), but obviously not an unlimited supply of them so come prepared.
• Service can be a little slow in the restaurant, but not unusually so for Africa. Just budget a little extra time at breakfast if you order from the menu.

Room Tip: Views are great from all rooms, but I prefer the third floor for the most open view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank UsaTravelinfool
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We have been renting Leisure Bay Luxury Suites now for the 3rd time, always the 2-bedroom apartment, for our family of 2 adults and 2 kids (currently aged 9 and 7).

For us the place has been extremely suitable, for several reasons:
1. Excellent location (provided you are renting a car) - literally less than 15 minutes from the V&A Waterfront, less than 10 minutes from Canal Walk Shopping Center, 1 minutes drive from an excellent Thai Restaurant (Wang Thai) where you can also order take-out, some 25 minutes from the airport.
2. Directly at the beach, great terrace, excellent view. Having said that please do keep in mind that this is the Atlantic Ocean, so you do NOT come here for a beach holiday!
3. Good quality apartment, clean, new (new flat-screen TV at our visit at Easter 2012), excellent bed.

Staff are very friendly and helpful, too. (We know, since we have been there 3 times by now!)

Don´t expect too much from the restaurant - it´s ok, but would not attract lots of local residents...

We found the price/quality ratio excellent and would warmly recommend the place to anyone travelling with children.

Room Tip: We liked the 2-bedroom apartment very much, excellent if you have 2 children, but lack of space if y...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Horst P
Strand, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Our year end function was held at Leisure Bay. Jason and Frederik made treated us with only the best.The party was great and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Beautiful views! The breakfast was fantastic. Leisure Bay will definitely see us again.

Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Rynie Z
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We stayed at Leisure Bay hotel as the website looked good and prices were reasonable. The best part about the stay was the view and friendly staff, that's about it. The hotel is tired, really needs an update, it looks old and worn and they haven't spent any money on the public areas and feels like a motel. Chairs and tables in restaurant are old and the food is just average with lots of out of stock items. Only positive the waiters freindly nature but we ate only one night in the bistro, waste of time and money. There are a few good places withing walking distance (a nice thai house also on the beach)

The rooms were ok, good space and looks like they were updated in the last few years but the bed was damaged and we could not sleep. I used the sofa and my partner used the single bed in the other room. Also cleanliness not up to standard, it seems like they vaccum and wipe surfaces but not too much else, for me not 4 star standard. The door to the balcony was stuck, the a/c didn't work all the time. Happy about German tv channel.

The breakfast was fine but the same each day and very busy, The waiters tried very hard but they were hardly managing and no support for them. We did not receive our tea and had to go for coffee on our own. Again some out of stock items, bread not fresh and many flies.
We took breakfast at lagoon beach hotel on two other mornings.

We asked to see the manager but he was always not available. I was shown who he was one morning but the man ignored us. A lady at the front desk apologised and told us he was a new hotel manager and promised to arrange an appointment but no phone call even.
We were offered wine and cheese but refused as we had a tour booked until late this day.

The hotel price is cheap and we know why. When we make the reservation, the lady provided different details each time on email which is not professional. We called to South Africa to speak directly and this was difficult as the lady was quite rude.

We love Cape Town, the view is amazing and you can see the mountain clearly and the beach is just in front of the house. But we are disappointed with the hotel, we look forward to a quality relaxing time but there were many problems so we not enjoy so much.

Maybe visit the beach there but avoid the hotel is my advice.

Room Tip: choose a two bedroom suite so if the bed is broken you have possibility of other bed and sofa. Try o...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Hans E
Bailey, Colorado
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I have been staying here on and off for the last 7 years (work related). The hotel is about 10-15 minutes from down town Cape Town. So if you like a little privacy and to be away from the hustle and bustle this hotel is great. They have one and two bedroom suites, the breakfast is to die for, and the staff is super friendly. Every time I go back I'm greeted by hugs and hellos on a first name basis. These are fully equipped apartments really, so you can cook, do you your laundry, sit out on the balcony, and enjoy the most amazing view of Table Mountain.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean and have an awesome view of Cape Town and Table Mountain
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Ggeewwllss
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milnerton
Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa
Taj Cape Town
Taj Cape Town
#15 of 109 in Cape Town Central
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape To...
#59 of 109 in Cape Town Central
#32 of 109 in Cape Town Central
Victoria & Alfred Hotel
Victoria & Alfred Hotel
#24 of 109 in Cape Town Central

Been to Cape Town Beachfront Apartments at Leisure Bay? Share your experiences!