“Wonderful service and even better steaks”
Review of Cattle Baron

Cattle Baron
Ranked #16 of 30 Restaurants in Milnerton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Wonderful service and even better steaks”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

There is not much to dislike about visiting the Cattle Baron.
Been to various of their venues, and every-time had a wonderful experience with regard to service and quality of food.
Booking is adviced over the weekends, as it tend to get very busy.

Visited August 2012

Cape Town
“TABLE VIEW CATTLE BARON CARES LITTLE FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I for my sins eat my steak well done, on the dozen occassions I had eaten there they had to be sent back at least twice on each occassion.
The last time I at at the Cattle Baron (Table View) there was a couple with two young children, the owner and manager were at the till and to there right were two men and a lady, and myself somewhere in the middle.
The two men as the drinks were going down were swearing extremly loudly, it was early in the evening aroung 6pm, I finished the steak and went to pay at the till, I mentioned to the owner that with kids in the resturant she should have asked the men to stop the swearing and shouting her answer was simple - "I heard nothing", well I reckon the booze bill at that table helped her to hear nothing, I have not been back!

Visited April 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Good food. Ridiculously slow service”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Our tour guide tells us this restaurant serves quality meat - which is absolutely true! We have nothing to complain about their food but the service needs some serious improvements. We ordered just three main dishes and it took them an hour to get us our order. The place wasn't full at the time and it was rather late dinner so we don't see any reason why the service is ridiculously slow.

• Visited March 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great value, good food, great service.”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Located in the upper floor entrance of the Canal Walk Mall in Century City I wasn’t expecting too much of Cattle Baron as in the UK a mall location is usually far from your guarantee of dining quality. I also suspected it to be a chain operation (I was partially correct, they are a franchise operation where each restaurant is owned by the franchise holder/manager).

I was very pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was lively and fun without intruding into our dining experience. Our service was very friendly and attentive and the food came as an unexpected delight.

There was a good wine list to accompany what turned out to be a very good quality cut of beef for my steak. This was served with a baked potato and we shared a big bowl of creamed spinach and stewed pumpkin. Portions were hearty and the quality was excellent for the seemingly low price charged. My steak was cooked just right.

Recommended for anyone looking for a good place to eat good food with friends without breaking the bank.

• Visited April 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Excellent food, but lousy attitude.”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

While the food was good, the attitude of the manager was something to be desired. She was shouting at staff that made us cringe. The one waiter (who was not serving us ) was almost in tears.

Visited February 2013