“FANTASTIC!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Milnerton
Feltham, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Lagoon Beach Hotel. Staff were very friendly especially in La Mizu Beach Bar. Reception staff were a great help when we were trying to track down our lost luggage! Our room was comfortable - we loved the bathroom! The free shuttle bus to the V&A Waterfront is a great idea. All in all a great holiday and a lovely hotel on the beach. Definitely visit again.

2 Thank LMHUGHES24
LagoonBeachTeam, General Manager at Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Dear LMHUGHES24

Wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your positive feedback to the staff.

We look forward to seeing you again.

André Turnbull

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

It really is a great hotel with an amazing staff.
The only problem is it's quite far from everything, I mean everything...
The hotel restaurant is outrageously priced and the Greek restaurant next door is awful.
So the only other dining option is a Thai restaurant (3min walk), which is really good.

The pool and the spa is very good, of course the view of Cape Town is absolutely breath taking. The complimentary breakfast is very good as well.

The only down side of this hotel is it's location...

Room Tip: If you're gonna stay here, try an get a room with a view...very hard to get, have to book very e...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear F35Captain

Thank you for your comments and I really glad that you think we have a great hotel with amazing staff. It is always encouraging to read positive reviews.

I’m sorry that you did not enjoy your meal at Zorbas, one of our outsourced restaurants but I will ensure to inform the owner of this.

I hope you were able to make use of our free shuttles so that Cape Town was more accessible to you.

Plymouth England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

My wife and I spent 3 x nights in a Junior Suite. The room was not quite ready on our arrival, On an inspection of the suite, we found that out of 3 patio doors (yes 3) only one was able to be opened, and this with extreme difficulty, even more so when the adjoining window fell apart !We duly managed to get the maintainence chap out who did his best to fix it, However we could not lock the balcony door during our stay. The entire suite needs a good make over, the curtains were not connected to the rail properly, carpets were frayed, a standard lamp was ripped.
However, the suite itself was fine, no shortage of space, 7, yes 7, wardrobe spaces, 2 x televisions, one huge balcony with the sun and lovely views of Table Mountain and Cape Town with the sea lapping just a few yards away.
The breakfast was extremely good and plentiful, as were the meals, we had both there, and in the Zorba's restaurant just outside (highly reccommended).
If you do stay there it is advisable to have a car, as the city centre is about 10 minutes drive away, parking at the hotel is free, supervised, and hassle free. Canal Walk shopping mall (supposed to be the largest in Africa) is about 10 minutes drive from the hotel and is well worth a visit, if you want to stay in your wife's good books !
We did get looked upon favourable by the friendly staff when it was time to leave, after explaining what we thought should be done, especially regarding our suite.
Hope this review doesn't put people off altogether, as the hotel couldn't be situated in a more quiet location and not bad value for money.

Room Tip: A sea facing room is a must. A suite is really too big for just 2 people, unless you need 2 televisi...
1 Thank HarryPlymouthEngland
LagoonBeachTeam, General Manager at Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Dear HarryPlymouthEngland

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is always good to read positive reviews on our food and service. My sincerest apologies for the maintenance issues you encountered in your room. We are in the process of upgrading our rooms so the next time you visit Cape Town please do not hesitate to contact me on gm@lagoonbeachhotel.co.za and I will make sure you are very well looked after.

Knysna, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

I was very surprised to see this modern spacious hotel,where I were booked in on a conference and stayed in a comfortable junior suite.The food was very enjoyable (usually large quatities are not prepared with care )but in this case I was wrong,especially the desserts I highly recommend . I noticed that the hotel cater for the asian market (their needs are fully catered for). The service dissappointed me a bit as the roomservice attendant took my order wrong,then when I refused to pay for her error,slammed the phone in my face . This is something unheard of in the Service Industry (im in the industry myself for 15 years),but a very friendly and attentive Jacob apologized on her behalf. Jacob also called me back the previous day ,to put my mind at ease about my reservation. I love the beautuful setting,not traffic noise at night,good food ,comfortable room,beautiful views . I will certainly visit again..

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear HarryPlymouthEngland

Ahmedabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

a very nice place with table mountain view n a great beach, great for all. the only problem was traveling to cape town city some times, its was very expensive to travel to city from there. it would be great if hotel could arrange for frequent transport to the city. the staff was very helpful but it was really difficult to make them understand a very very normal requirement of mine "a glass of water". over all a very nice place to stay

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank k4r7ik
Dear k4r7ik

Thank you for your review and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. The hotel does in fact provide free shuttles to the Waterfront that can be booked. This shuttle leaves the hotel and Waterfront at scheduled times.

I hope you will return to Lagoon Beach Hotel very soon.

Regards,

Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

I have just spent four days in Milnerton near Capetown for a conference. The hotel is very pleasant with great view of the ocean and Table Mountain. The service was very good and the facilities clean and modern. WiFi is free but quite slow. the breakfast was also good and typical of buffet breakfasts. The room was comfortable and with a great view of the ocean.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean views
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear aquarianmark

Thank you so much for your comments on TA. I trust you had a successful conference and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Regards,

André Turnbull
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milnerton
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Town - Upper Eastside
Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, C...
#31 of 106 in Cape Town Central
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,637 reviews
South Beach Camps Bay
South Beach Camps Bay
#2 of 12 in Camps Bay
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Sea Point
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape To...
#68 of 106 in Cape Town Central
The Hyde All-Suite Hotel
The Hyde All-Suite Hotel
#25 of 106 in Cape Town Central

Been to Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!