Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa
US$113
SA Hotels
  • Breakfast included
Island Club Hotel & Apartments(Century City)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$111
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Colosseum Luxury Hotel(Century City)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$153
Orbitz.com
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Bloubergstrand)
US$162
US$106
Agoda.com
US$186
Century City Hotel(Century City)(Great Value!)
US$203
TripAdvisor
Aquarius Luxury Suites(Bloubergstrand)
TripAdvisor
1,715 results
All reviewstable mountaincape townsea viewcanal walktravel deskshuttle servicereception stafffree shuttlebusiness tripenjoyed my stayrobben islandmizuconferencehoneymoonct
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 March 2014

A reasonable experience. Clean, tidy and good facilities.
Breakfast staff under par in being helpful and understanding requests for food and beverage.

Dinner staff much more experienced and friendly.
Good value for money.
A free shuttle to the lively V & A Waterfront very useful.
Quite and relaxing.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a westerly view of ocean, table mountain and Cape Town sky line. Beautiful scenes looking west.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
LagoonBeachTeam, General Manager at Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Franklin & Veronica

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor. I am really sorry to hear you had mixed review on our hotel but thank you for your honesty.

Following the comment on the breakfast staff we have started retraining in the restaurant and am hoping we are able to improve on what you experienced.

I do hope you will return at some stage and that you will notice a change.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

It is a comfortable hotel for a quick visit to Cape Town. Friendly staff, good breakfast and a nice view. It is far from the touristic area but there is a shuttle bus that you can arrange at the front desk for drop-off and pick up free of charge.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
LagoonBeachTeam, General Manager at Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Travel_RBL

Thank you for your kind words in TA, I hope you will return soon and hopefully be able to get a better rating than 3 on your next visit.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

After reading all the reviews on Trip advisor, I was very afraid of what awaited me at the Lagoon beach hotel. I was pleasantly surprised to find a very comfortable room with a gift on arrival, air-conditioning, excellent staff who waited on our every need and superb views to die for!!! Thank you to the staff for making our stay such an enjoyable one. I'm really impressed with the people, service and breath taking views in Cape Town. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone especially during the months of February/March. We had 5 glorious days of sun.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, room 23.

Dear Vanisha546

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you will return very soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We booked this Apt through RCI but were unable to use our banked points, on arrival you would think you are entering an office block. After parking the car, we were helped with our luggage to a ground floor apt, we asked for a sea view and was told that RCI members were only given standard rooms. The resort as 3 pools, one for the Apt and 2 for the Hotel, the Apt pool had 2 sunbeds one of which was broken. The claim a courtesy bus runs into CapeTown, it has a total cost of R180 per trip but even though when we traveled 4 couples were on board it still cost R150. The Apt was clean and spacious but the fridge did not work and even though reported to the reception desk nothing was done, we were unable to use the dishwasher as the door of the dishwasher would not open as it collided with the fridge door. The public areas were dirty, and the route to the Hotel pool was used as a smoking area, with the cigarette butts left on the floor. You can use public transport which runs close to the Apts but remember to purchase your card from the travel office at R30 per person before 5pm and load the card with Rands to cover your fare.

1  Thank Steve M

Dear Steve M

Thank you for your review but I think you have the wrong property. Did you perhaps book through Sunstay Apartments? They also have apartments in Lagoon Beach. The reason I ask this is because Lagoon Beach Hotel is not associated with RCI so it would be impossible to book our hotel through RCI, Sunstays, however is associated with RCI. Our courtesy shuttle to the V&A Waterfront is also free so if you paid for it, you could not have used the Lagoon Beach Hotel service.

If you would be so kind as to reallocate your review to the appropriate property where you stayed.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a sea view in close proximity and wants to avoid the crowd and just relax. The sea is just few steps down the hotel stairs. You can easily enjoy the sunset and sunrise but water is too cold to swim even in summers. Table mountain view for your pics is an added advantage. Sunset views are awesome. The hotel amenities are pretty good. Breakfast menu is pretty rich and good.

But there are certain problems that you need to aware of before deciding on this hotel. Had I known these, I might have not chosen this one.
1. The V&A is 10 minutes drive from hotel. But there is a catch. Complimentary shuttle runs only 4-5 times per day at fixed timings. Private transfers cost you 125 ZAR per side. Public transport via City shuttle is also available but hotel never tells you about it. You have to figure out on your own how to use this. Public transport take 40-50 minutes to get you to V&A. Would have preferred complimentary shuttle to run on request or at least hourly. The return complimentary shuttles can keep you waiting for half an hour and you need to call them back for the status.
2. Except the 3 restaurants available in the hotel, everything else is far. No super markets nearby. You have to run to V&A for everything.
3. Hotel staff available at the reception has no coordination at all. I was given the wrong room type on first day and the attendant at reception confirmed me that I will be shifted to the desired room on next day and I just need to keep my bags packed and they would be automatically shifted next day. When I returned from city trip next day, my room had not been changed and none of the attendants available at reception were even aware that it was to be changed. When I asked for compensation, they kept me waiting till the checkout time to confirm me any updates. Though they provided me enough compensation for the pain I faced. Wake up calls were always late by 10-15 minutes. On my last night there, I asked them to book the airport shuttle. When I confirmed in the morning, none had been booked and Tusk operator was rude enough to deny that I had confirmed him verbally for this booking. The reception superviser is kind enough but updates you only when enquired. I was never confirmed why this mis-communication happened at first place.

I hope this helps you to make an informed decision while choosing this hotel.

1  Thank vabhatia
LagoonBeachTeam, Public Relations Manager at Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Vabhatia

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

Please would you be so kind as to repost your review using Lagoon Beach Hotel & Apartments instead of Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa.

Thank you kindly.