“Great Service and large room!”

Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Milnerton
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Service and large room!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Located slightly off the main downtown area, this hotel has an amazing view of Table Mountain and is right by the beach! Amazing on days with good weather. I was there during winter, so the wind was rather strong and did not really get a clear view though.

The hotel room shared between 3 of us had 2 rooms (but 4 beds in total), a living room and a kitchen area with microwave! Also has a small balcony. Really large space. Every room has a very modern LCD tv. Rooms are clean and room service is prompt.

Hotel restaurant and bar is well priced, and has a nice selection of international and local dishes, though limited. Breakfast is a standard hotel breakfast buffet :)

The reception is exceptionally helpful especially when we arrived way too early for check in, they kept our luggage and offered us a temporary room. Definitely recommended for families, or people who don't want to be right in the middle of the city.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank joanlow
LagoonBeachTeam, General Manager at Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear joanlow

Thank you very much for your review on TA.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Andre Turnbull

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

The view from the room was just gorgeous! Table mountain & the stunning ocean from our balcony. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was clean and really liked the decor.
The breakfast buffet was honestly not to my liking mainly because the croissants were bad. Thank god for Wang Thai restaurant which is on the premises- amazing food!
All in all a very pleasant stay :)

Stayed July 2014
LagoonBeachTeam, General Manager at Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Tracy-Lynn B

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will be having a closer look at our pastry supplier and make the necessary changes.

I hope to welcome you back to Lagoon Beach Hotel very soon.

Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We booked this hotel for a short trip while attending a wedding in Cape Town. This hotel, despite it's 4 star rating has breath taking views of the sea and Table Mountain with open access to a white sandy stretch of beach.

The rooms are well appointed and comfortable but the bathrooms are in need of proper cleaning as there is an accumulation of mildew stains in the shower. After having complained about this, the manager advised us that he would have it cleaned but to our dismay, it was exactly the same when we returned. He was of the opinion that this was not cleaned over some time and therefore caused permanent stains on the tiles. He did not offer another room nor make any effort to make our stay more comfortable.

The tea and coffee station was not replenished every day and when prompt by house keeping, there was a delay of 2 - 3 hours before receiving these.

Breakfasts had good variety however, the staff were inattentive and aloof.

I think this hotel has great potential to live up to it's 4 star rating, however, the overall service is at the bottom end of 3 star.

Room Tip: Ocean Facing Rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Vandna_Maharaj
Dear Vandna_Maharaj

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor.

Thank you too for highlighting some very valid points where staff retraining in necessary and please accept my apologies that you did not receive the service you expected.

You can be assured that I will be personally addressing the points you raised.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Proud to be African,
My wife and myself totally enjoyed our 5 nights at the hotel, we had a deluxe room(sea facing), very clean and modern. All staff were very polite and friendly.
listening to the waves when you wake up and watching the sun set from your own private balcony is definitely something to treasure. the breakfast menu is vast and tasty, the room service menu could be expanded but that to was tasty. Housekeeping was late at times but to be fair we didn't mind it to much and it is a big place to clean.
I would recommend the hotel very highly.
DO- go for the breakfast buffet !!
AVOID- the Thai restaurant ( the food was bland and took 40 minutes to arrive)

Special mention must go the guys from tusk who were all great characters and also very good tour Guides (Gerald)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank dwayne d
Dear Dwayne D

Thank you very much for your review on TA. I am so glad that you enjoyed your honeymoon with us and we at Lagoon Beach Hotel wish you both a very happy life together and hope that you will return to our shores again soon.

Aurora, Canada
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed with a family member.

The rooms are clean, comfy, and we had a good view of the ocean (partial view). We had television as well.

The bathroom was awesome..big tub.

The food was great. A bit pricey at lunch time when we arrived, and service was a bit slow for the very few customers that were present at the time.

Breakfast was always great, and enjoyed it with a wonderful view of the ocean and mountains. Dinner was good too. There is also a nice bar area.

There are other restaurants in the area, a wonderful Greek restaurant..Mr. Zorba's, and a Thai restaurant.

The hotel also has a spa, and an office downstairs where you can book any transportation, or tourist activities. Also a place to check your emails , facebook etc.

Great , friendly , helpful staff.

Would definitely recommend it. Just a bit far from the airport, but worth it , depending on what you are going for. Always check how long it will take to get from the airport to any hotel, and how far your hotel is from all your planned events.

We didn't have any issue getting to CTCC, or V& A waterfront etc.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
LagoonBeachTeam, General Manager at Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Anneline7

Thank you very much for your feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that you will return to Cape Town again soon and that you will visit us at Lagoon Beach Hotel.

Richards Bay, South Africa
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Rooms are comfortable and bathroom well appointed but marred by poor housekeeping/maintenance. Room safe had to be repaired on arrival. Baths are not cleaned regularly. (Not done today 19/06/2014). Toilet rolls not replenished on occasion and had to be requested. No milk pods or sachets replaced. I like my coffee in the morning and called reception for milk. Housekeeping was sent and informed us they had run out but could give us more coffee sachets or tea bags??????????????
Asked her to bring a jug of fresh milk.
Well..........this "milk" had a strange odour and odd colour.
Fetched a jug of milk from the restaurant ourselves. No comparison.
Approached front of house and 2 managers. There was no question that there was something wrong with the milk delivered to our room.
The response we eventually got from management was that it was probably Spray n Cook.
Absolutely shocking!!!!!!
Front staff are friendly and breakfast is run of the mill.
WiFi reception non existent in our room 24
Would not be in a hurry to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wayne-Fiona
Dear Wayne & Fiona

Thank you so much for your comments on TA.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the milk incident. It is not acceptable that this is the service you received. I know who dealt with you at the time and I will be retraining them on customer service.

I will also be investigating that fact that your room was not serviced!

I do hope that you will give us the benefit of the doubt and allow us to reinstate our good name with you. Should you travel back to Cape Town, please be so kind as to contact me directly, my details are on our website, and I will ensure you are very well looked after.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Service needs to be greatly improved!
Bookings for restaurant were a disaster!
Menu is silly if you are a group of more than 10.
No options, and so limited, no choice, expect you to choose one starter, one main course and one dessert.
Bar is very expensive too with slow service!

Room Tip: very few rooms with a good view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gary L
LagoonBeachTeam, General Manager at Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Gary L

I was disappointed to read your review on TA.

At Lagoon Beach Hotel we pride ourselves on our good food and service but it would seem that on this occasion we have let ourselves down and for this I must apologise.

I am a little confused however regarding no choice on the menu. Were you staying as part of a group and if so was the menu chosen for you? I would love to get some clarity on the situation because it seems very strange to give a group a menu with only 1 starter, main and dessert unless that is what was booked and paid for.

I would be most grateful if you could contact me directly so that I can look into this for you. My contact details are on the Lagoon Beach Hotel website.

Andre Turnbull
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milnerton
The Bay Hotel
Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
#33 of 109 in Cape Town Central
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, C...
#31 of 109 in Cape Town Central
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Town - Upper Eastside

Been to Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!