Sunstays Lagoon Beach Apartments
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
SUN1 Milnerton(Milnerton)
US$50
Island Club Hotel & Apartments(Century City)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$141
Travelocity
  • Pool
Colosseum Luxury Hotel(Century City)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$155
Orbitz.com
US$189
US$156
Agoda.com
Century City Hotel(Century City)(Great Value!)
US$214
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Bloubergstrand)
TripAdvisor
Myoli Accommodation(Bloubergstrand)
  • Pool
All reviewslagoon beach apartmentsself cateringthese apartmentsserviced dailyapartment complextable mountainthere is no air conditioningbeachside apartmentcape townapartment was cleansound of the wavessecure parkingsea facingfamily holidaymin drivebeds were comfortablestayed here for a week
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We had a fantastic stay at Sunstays Lagoon. amazing beach was downstairs and we were lucky enough to have an apartment overlooking it. excellent facilities with the pool and health club too. Very friendly staff, always happy to help and advise. Great location, really 10 minutes from everything by car. The apartment itself was spacious, well fitted out with modern furniture and other fixtures and fittings, spacious balcony too, which made enjoying the sunset even better. I would highly recommend anyone staying here who is looking to explore cape town and beyond. We will definitely do so next time we visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jonathan g
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Sunset beach apartments is located 5-10 minutes drive from Cape Town centre. You should ideally have your own transport when booking here (safe, complimentary parking is available). There is a busstop closeby but the service does not run too late in the evening and is limited on weekends (google myciti).

Apartment 231A was ok for a one night stay but nothing to write home about. The part seaview from the balcony was nice. The lounge suite - especially the 2 seater couch - needs replacement. The stained curtains in the main bedroom needs a wash and so does the grouting between the tiles in the bathroom. Unfortunately the apartment has no character and had a stale smell probably from standing closed for a couple of days on end. One would assume that people would invest in the upkeep of their apartments especially if they charge a reasonable amount for it.

The swimming pool closest to the apartment is quite small and there are no stretchers. The beach is not the best in Cape Town but would surely still please those who reside inland and do not see the ocean often.

These apartments are possibly best suited for larger groups who are not too fussed about attention to detail and more interested in a bed and running water. Not bad, but I doubt if I would stay here again. SImply not my cup of tea.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Daniel-CPT
GerhardBeukes, Owner at Sunstays Lagoon Beach Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Sunstays has been very busy refitting all apartments and they are decorated professionally. Daniel-CPT unfortunately stayed in one of the last of the 'old' apartments due for renovation before the season. Our mission is to delight our customers at all times but just occasionally a guest is disappointed by something. When brought to our attention we rectify immediately. There are three swimming pools, a spa and gym available for our guests. We do appreciate the review as it renews our focus to delight guests.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed as a group at lagoon beach apartments what amazing views and impeccable service.The place was fully equipped to our needs and right on the beach. Had an amazing time. Would recommend the accommodation facility.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Very nice hotel, good food and breakfast and good service.
The room was nice and clean with view at the sea. We like to come back once!
The receptionists were very helpfull. And last but not least: we enjoyed the bath very much!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank J.j. V
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I stayed in one of the Sunstays Lagoon Beach apartments earlier this week. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, lounge, kitchen and small balcony with wonderful view of the beach (which was just 5 metres away).

I found it a great place to relax, and a very peaceful place to write. A good thing because I was trying to complete a project. The wifi was good enough to broadcast a webinar. And my Vodacom 3G connection worked at full speed as well.

The apartments are in the same complex as the Lagoon beach Hotel, and are connected internally via a short passage. This gave me access to the Hotel bar and restaurants, as well as the private Zorba restaurant, where I found superb food and a fine price.

The team were very friendly and helpful. Since moving to Norway I have come to realise how uniquely friendly and helpful South African folk generally are. They excel int he hospitality industry, and Sunstays was no exception.

I had a car, so getting to Cape Town and the V&A Waterfront was a 5 minute drive. If I had not had a car, I could have sued the MyCiti bus, which had a buss top just outside the complex.

The highlight of my trip was on my last morning, enjoying breakfast on the balcony. A seal was surfing the waves as the met the entrance of the lagoon, and kept me entranced for 10 minutes.

I recommend them wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business