Booked through RCI but told we couldn't use our points so had to pay. On arrival I thought we were walking into a municipality office block. Check in OK but then taken to our room which was booked as a sea view room, it was bottom a floor apartment with one of the bedrooms on to a corridor so no fresh air (and no aircon in any of the rooms) & in an area of the garden which hardly got sun, just the same litter blowing around all week!! When we mentioned this to the man who took us to the apartment we were told 'we only give RCI our standard rooms!!' & were told that all of the other rooms around us were fully booked all week. strange, 2 weren't used at all most of the week, the other one only used on the Thursday as we left on the Friday!! I eventually picked litter up from blowing around myself on Wednesday evening. We were told the apartment was privately owned so to take care of things, wall tiles were cracked in the bathroom, fridge didn't get cold, freezer melted ice every day, dishwasher door wouldn't open because of the freezer door. no inventory sheets to check, no resort/tv information available. Curtesy bus advertised on internet but was supposedly R180 PER BUS to V&A yet for 2 couples it cost us R180 there & although we shared it back with 2 other couples (4 couples in all) it cost us R150 back. We were told about the public bus at the top of the road but not that we had to get a card at R30pp then have more money put on it to cover the cost, but, we were unable to do this as we were only told this at 5.20pm on the day we wanted it & then told we could only get it during office hours (before 5pm). corridors & other public areas were dirty & obviously only cleaned up the middle of the walkways, the access door & passage way to the pool / bar area used as smokers areas & the tab ends left everywhere on the floor. The apartments pool area only had 2 sun beds of which one couldn't have been used as it was broken. Dogs were taken into this area also. The very few better things about the place - we were helped with our luggage to the apartment but that was where the helpfulness ended I'm afraid. It was ok for access to V&A, Blobourgstrand etc providing you had a vehicle & didn't mind driving all the time. Will we return or recommend it VERY LIKELY NOT!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunstays Lagoon Beach four star accommodation consists of a variety of self-catering apartments and Superior Suites on the beach. A mere 10 minutes drive from the Cape Town city bowl with private balconies with views of table mountain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sunstays Lagoon Beach Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunstays Lagoon Beach Apartments Hotel Milnerton
- Lagoon Beach Apartments Milnerton
- Sunstays Lagoon Beach Apartments Cape Town/Milnerton