This was my third stay at Monkey Valley and I'd certainly go back. This time around I booked 2 nights and ended up staying for 4 nights - the location is just so relaxing. The check-in process takes a bit longer than usual, and if you have quite a few bags of luggage, the walk up to your chalet can be a bit tiring but their staff are happy to assist with carrying your bags for you.
I've stayed in Crowned Eagle (best option), Tadpole (ideal for singles or a couple) and most recently Albatross which is a 6-sleeper double storey chalet ideal for self-catering.
Albatross has a beautiful panoramic view over the wetlands and beach.
Highlight of my stay was free use of the sauna at any time, the beautiful views, tranquility, privacy and superb meal. Our waitress Leonie gave excellent service (possibly the best I've ever had), recommending wines and nothing was too much trouble for her.
Other guests were friendly and I'd recommend at least 2 nights to anyone looking for a peaceful getaway.
WiFi and daily cleaning was included.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst ancient Milkwood trees and overlooking 8 kilometres of Noordhoek beach is Monkey Valley Resort. World's apart from city living yet only 25 minutes to the centre of Cape Town - Monkey Valley Resort is an atypical splendor tucked onto the southern slopes of Chapman's Peak Drive. The resort offers a blend of self-catering old world log and brick thatched luxury cottages and bedrooms. Each is hidden in private alcoves within the rare milkwood forest, ensuring complete seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Monkey Valley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monkey Valley Beach Nature Hotel Noordhoek
- Monkey Valley Resort Noordhoek, South Africa - Cape Town