With it being my 3rd stay at the resort , I was really looking forward to spending my birthday there and was grateful to management for the complimentary bottle of sparkling wine,waiting in the room on our arrival.
Our stay in the Oyster was unfortunately very disappointing. The bedding and curtains were old and stained and the shampoo bottles in the bathroom half empty, the overall quality of the room was really not what I have become accustomed to. I got the impression that not a lot of effort or funds has gone into the maintaining the resort and can honestly say that the experience was really terrible. We tried to make the best of it, but I do not think that we will be returning...
It is really a shame to see such a gem go to waste….
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst ancient Milkwood trees and overlooking 8 kilometres of Noordhoek beach is Monkey Valley Resort. World's apart from city living yet only 25 minutes to the centre of Cape Town - Monkey Valley Resort is an atypical splendor tucked onto the southern slopes of Chapman's Peak Drive. The resort offers a blend of self-catering old world log and brick thatched luxury cottages and bedrooms. Each is hidden in private alcoves within the rare milkwood forest, ensuring complete seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Monkey Valley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monkey Valley Beach Nature Hotel Noordhoek
- Monkey Valley Resort Noordhoek, South Africa - Cape Town