“A step back in time”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Bath
“A step back in time”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Quite unique. Step back in time about 70 years and eat some great food in some of the most amazing surroundings.

We had dinner on a cold winter's evening and sat inside in what I can only describe as a 1930's or 1940's front parlour complete with old LPs as place mats. We visited with a 12 year old and a 15 year old and both both loved it.

Make sure that you visit the outside toilets but take a torch at night!

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Chris_R_Bath

Montreal, Canada
“Adorable! Must eat here~”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

A place I'll definitely go back if I could~!

Food: Amazing quality food! We both had crepes with different fillings. The crepes where thin and light, and the fillings were delicious! The sides dishes were equally amazing! Everything we had were excellent, including the home-made lemonade, so refreshing!

Service: Friendly and attentive. The waitress was very nice and even put the ice cream we bought in their fridge~ (I'm sure that's a very weird request hihi~)

Value: For the quality, the quantity and the ambience, definitely worth it~

Atmosphere: There are some indoor tables and many outdoor seating. The décor is so cute and romantic, making it very cozy~ The dishes were served on old-style discs. I can sit here for hours! Located on the main street, easily accessible.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank TravelEatSmile
Oudtshoorn
“One of the best”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Nostalgie, is one of those places a person goes back to time and again. That speaks for itself so not going to harp on the fact that it has a lovely atmosphere, that the food is always good and that its priced just right. One word describes it. MAGIC!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank A-1YotclubBB
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Wow, what a restaurant! I took a chance on this place after finding it on TripAdvisor, and thank God I did. It's an unusual place when you first walk in, like stepping into an old fashioned convenience store with wood counters and glass jars, then walking through into the store owners front room. But it's so comfortable and the food is amazing. Again, the waitress couldn't do enough to help. My partner and I had three courses each (so big I didn't manage to eat everything on my plate, but I wanted to!) with coffee (one of them with liquor), a bottle of wine and water, and all for less than the equivalent of £21 in total. For the quality, quantity and ambience of this lovely place I'd have paid five times more. Nostalgie, please please please open a place in the UK! Thank you so much for a truly lovely meal and experience.

2 Thank Mrs_W_01032017
“Dining on main street.”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Great find. Excellent food, reasonably priced and homely setting (We sat in the garden). Service was a little slow although there was only one waitress roaming about. Would I go back... YES!

• Visited June 2014