Adley House
  • Pool
Boesmanskop(Oudtshoorn)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsfully stocked fridgesmall swimmingquiet roadsecurity gatethe main houselovely housewelcomed warmlyrelaxing place to stayspacious roomone nightbusiness tripfriendly receptionbeautiful gardenhome from homepleasant staybreakfast was excellentb b
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 October 2010

We arrived late afternoon and were greeted by a very friendly girl who settled us in. Our room was large and equipped with everything you might need for the stay.
The bathrooms in particular were well kept and clean.
Having tea in the garden is one of the experiences I really liked. The garden is beautiful and has two swimming pools which is so nicely hidden, a babe with a big bottom like myself can easily enjoy.
The staff is very friendly and yes ... it is all true what I've heard about the breakfast ... it is truly unbelievable!
If you like old-world charm with modern facilities where you will be well fed ... then Adley House is the place for your stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2010

We have stayed at Adley House in Oudtshoorn before, the owners have upgraded the rooms in the main residence, and added two beautiful rooms to the house with large bathrooms and private garden areas.
The gardens are absolutely beautiful, with trees and flowers in full bloom. The place is as beautiful, and staff as friendly as ever.
We can recommend it for sure.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Australiantravelmate
Reviewed 16 September 2009

I did my booking with a 50% deposit. My dates changed and I asked them to accommodate me or give my deposito or just a part of the deposit back, but they refused.
Totally disappointed!!

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovetravel84
Reviewed 7 April 2009

We stayed one night at the Adley, the main house is lovely, we were in one of the seperate rooms which was nice although not as plush as the ones in the house. The service was friendly and the gardens lovely to lounge in with a beer after a long drive. They recommended Jemimas (great restaurant), gave us directions to the caves and breakfast was good.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2008

We stayed at Adley House as part of a 14 day trip to South Africa. After a long drive we were very pleased when we pulled up outside Adley House as it looked very lovely. We were taken to our room which was within the main house and was horrified at the sight of it. Dark, dingy, 1970's decor, shiny bedspreads and a tired beige bathroom. The MFI wardrobe in the corner and the terrible oil paintings made my heart sink. The amazing breakfast as according to their advertising was a very pleasant but ordinary affair in an old fashioned dining room setting. and Hilda's homemade bread turned out to be a sliced loaf. We decided to check out as I couldn't stand the though of a second night here when all the other accommodation on our trip had been so fantastic. From the other reviews it seems the annex rooms are better but I would suggest to anyone going there please don't stay in the main house it is depressing.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank amoroc