“short stay.......basic & comfortable”

Oudtshoorn Inn Hotel and Conferencing Centre
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Oudtshoorn
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Unfortunately our dinner in the hotel was canceeled by the organizers of our trip, so when we landed there there was no food and almost all the restaurants shut. Lucky to find anything open after 9 p.m. here! The hotel was basic and we only had a one night stay. The breakfast was nice and elaborate. The rooms were also confortable........after they managed to find one for us as the earlier room allocated had people in it.

Room Tip: all rooms are the same, although some have a nicer pool view
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I've won a 2 Night Stay at this hotel at a charity event for the Cancer Association of South Africa. So apart from being a superb establishment, they also support worthy causes!

My leave dates were changed at the last minute, but they didn't hesitate at all to change my accommodation to that very same night!! From the moment you step through their front door it is just a sea of smiling faces!! The receptionist, the cleaners, the porters, the kitchen staff... Every single member of their staff made me feel as though I have come home after a long journey!

The room is very comfortable and very well equipped. I spend my day watching the French Open on a nice, large flat screen TV (on just one of a nicely selected number of satelite channels!). The beds are VERRRRRY comfortable and the linen was crisp and white. The balcony had a huge glass door and my room overlooked the manicured gardens surrounding the pool area. The bathroom was a bit on the small side, but it was spotless with all the amenities needed. (And how much time do you actually spend in the bathroom...)

I did not have their dinner since I have already made alternative arrangements, but if the breakfast is anything to go by I'm sure the dinner would have been excellent as well!!! Their breakfast is simply the best! Such a wide variety - on both mornings I was so disappointed that there were still so many undiscovered options and the "space" was full... I'll recommend a stay here just based on the quality (and taste!) of their breakfast!!

For those who would like to dine out, the hotel is situated within walking distance of a number of very good restaurants, but as I've mentioned before: it's a pity that I didn't get to try the dinner at the hotel!!

The overall appearance of the hotel is modern, neat and CLEAN! The only downfall for me was the ugly carpeting in the corridor, but with all the guests going to and from their rooms, tiles would not be an option! (Or maybe it's just because I don't like green???)

Congratulations to Mr Van Eck and his staff!! You have exceeded my wildest expectations and the genuine friendliness of all the staff is the one thing that I will NEVER forget! Thank you!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool and gardens - it cannot be beaten!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Corlu N
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We spent one night here and while the accommodations were adequate I was glad it was only a short stay. My biggest concern is the elevator which was consistent in providing a bumpy ride. I know money can be tight and replacing an elevator is a big job but when the management has to post a notice warning of the reliability of the elevator, maybe they should take action to resolve the problem.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We stayed at the hotel for one night on the way to PE because we arrived late and did not have a choice. It seems like the hotel has been renovated but you can smell old carpets and curtains. The room was specious and the beds were new. The bathroom was in terrible condition and I actually showered with my flip flops on. We did not bother checking the breakfast. Also, the parking lot in the morning was empty so not sure if they have many customers.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelerIS1
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Stayed for 2 nights during our SA Tour, sadly a bit of a dissapointment after the Pepper Club in Cape Town, but i guess this place was much cheaper, had a buffet meal one night, not impressed at all, room was OK but not brilliant, our biggest mistake was having laundry done here & sadly they managed the wreck the zips & fasteners on several items ( which we did not spot until our next stop)

Room Tip: Avoid using laundry if you have clothing with any zips/ fasteners
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We stayed here for one night as a stop-off on our way back to Cape Town. I have to say it was a distinctly average functional hotel with no frills. Although it was proudly displaying a plaque to say it had been opened earlier in the year, there was little to show for this.

The staff were effiecient to a point but appeared to be very impersonal and we did not feel as welcome as we had att all the other hotels. The best thing about the place was the lovely little restaurant around the corner!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We were recommended this hotel by our tour operator. The hotel and rooms, in particular, appeared to be in a rundown condition with the door locks and bathroom fixtures not working properly.
The dinner buffet spread did not include ostrich meat, a local delicacy that you would expect in ostrich country. Also, the spread was rather limited.
However, the staff of the hotel, our host, Hermes, in particular was very courteous and welcoming. Therefore, our stay was relatively pleasant because of this factor.

Room Tip: Recommend rooms with a pool-facing view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family