All reviewsostrich steakfarm tourostrich farmguest houseattention to detailone nightfurnished with antiquesbeautiful dining roomcolonial stylewelcome drinkcomplimentary portroll top baththe main housegarden routea fantastic place to staylong driveseparate shower
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We arrived here at 9 pm, after a long long drive from Cape Town. We were hungry and grumpy to have missed the ostrich dinner, which my husband and I had been thinking about all day. However, our grumpiness soon faded when we saw our beautiful room (think antiques and colonial, bursting with character) and were met by a lovely member of staff. I'm afraid I've forgotten his name, but he was an absolute star. He told us to relax in the lovely gazebo and returned with wine, a toasted sandwich and dessert. It was literally the most welcomed meal of our entire trip! It was like he knew exactly what would make us feel better. He was the star of the show really. He also recommended a visit to the cango wildlife ranch, which was a highlight of our trip.

You can't go wrong with La Plume in my opinion.

And my husband has just reminded me that although we were there for only one short night, our car was washed for us! Another example of great service.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Corlu N, General Manager at La Plume, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dearest drfi007

FINALLY!!! Someone who sees me for what i really am: an absolute star!!! LOL!!! ;-)

Thank you so much for your kind words and the lovely review - much appreciated! My Gran always used to say: "It's easy being nice to NICE people!" It was an absolute treat having you here and we are eagerly awaiting your return visit (perhaps with a slightly earlier check-in? Just kidding. My main concern is only that our guests arrive safely, regardless of the time!).

Thank you once again, but I must add that I work with a really special bunch of people who all take pride in their work - and if the guests are happy, we are happy!!!

Kindest regards,
Corlu (aka "The Star")

Reviewed 28 December 2013

What a magical place la plume was! It Décor, calm environment and staff are prefect host for person visiting oudtshoorn. It is very close to oudtshoorn ostrich farm. La Plume is an elegant Guest House where you are always guaranteed a memorable stay. After a long drive from cape town to oudtshoorn, it was home away from home feeling.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ABBI1982

Dear ABBI1982

Thank you so much for your kind words - much appreciated. I'm very happy to hear you had a memorable stay with us: that is our aim after all!!

The sign at the front door says it all: "mi casa es su casa" - if this was your home away from home, remember that you are ALWAYS welcome to come home again!!!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

As soon as our car pulled up, we were greeted at our car door and walked over to our bungalow. We were asked if we would like coffee, tea or a glass of red or white wine, which we could enjoy on the verandah at the main house. The view of the vineyards was spectacular. Our room was comfortable and beautiful. It looked straight out of a magazine. Overall it was the perfect place to stay after a long drive on the garden route.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brianonthego

Dear brianonthego

Thank you so much for your positive review - we appreciate each and every comment! If ever in South Africa again: You know where to find us!!!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

What a truly beautiful place la Plume was. Magic! The décor and surroundings were like you had step into a house magazine. You could not fault this establishment. From the rooms to the staff to the surroundings to the buildings were all outstanding. Was looked after the moment my feet touched the ground. My room was really, really beautiful. I was a princess for one night. The bed was amazing and so big. Alas there was only me in there! The food was fantastic from the main meal to breakfast. What a choice. You must experience this and the views and space around you were pleasant. So clean too. Furnishings in the main building were awesome from a time in the past. Every thing was well looked after here. Visit La Plume Gusesthouse if you are travelling past!

Room Tip: Every room is a great room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear 696HelenS

What a pleasure to read a review like this: Thank you so much for your detailed - and much appreciated! - review. (One Thank You is not enough!)

It really means a lot to us if our hard work is rewarded this way. (We read the reviews to the whole staff and then they ooh and aah! And then it's back to work...)

I trust you had a memorable trip through South Africa and that you will return one day to post a picture of Jimmy (the other donkey) as well!!!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

La Plume is not a Hotel, Guest House or B+B it is a OVERNIGHT EXPERIENCE. After a long days drive you arrive at this piece of Paradise to be greeted by wonderful professional friendly staff that check you in, take you to your room with the luggage following on your heels and when they open the door of your mansion what a surprise, the beautiful old anteeks combined with lovely linen.
A bathroom the size of a house, air con, rosepebels in the toilet and shower and many more.After you checked inn they invite you to a WELCOME DINK of your choice at no extra cost on your bill.
That night you go for dinner in the old farm house, what an experience. It is a set menu with a choice of Karoo Lamb, Ostrich steak or Chicken.
Now this is where the problem starts and the answer is, stay for two nights, one night ostrich and the next evening Karoo Lamb and then make sure you have a late Breakfast because this is just as good. I have never heard of any of my tourist complaining about any thing at La Plume but never want to leave the next day.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank diantours
Corlu N, General Manager at La Plume, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear diantours

Thank you so much for your wonderful, detailed review of our guest house. We really appreciate your kind words!! But the proof of the pudding lies in the eating: we are waiting for your two night stay!!!