Grande Roche Hotel
US$103
US$128
US$125
Hotels.com
De Wingerd Wijnland Lodge(Paarl)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$69
  • Pool
US$80
US$84
TripAdvisor
All reviewsoystersterrace suitebeautiful hotelstar hotelattention to detailfine diningrose petalsslave quarterswine listsouth africacomplimentary winemain buildingfantastic winecape townfeel specialdistant mountainsgeneral manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Local Cape Town residents decided to drive out to Paarl for our 47th anniversary lunch, What a pleasant surprise. Lovely ambience, great staff and service. Food was top division and more reasonable than I expected.
The kicker was when our coffee was brought to us we also got a board with Happy Annivesray written on it and some divine chocs and sweets.
Well done to all. Will certainly be back. Oh by the way the view was to die for.
Paul

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
AnjaBoskenGM, General Manager at Grande Roche Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Paul,
My team and I were delighted to read your review of the Grande Roche Bosman’s Restaurant.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This was our second visit to this first class hotel in Paarl and we were once again not disappointed. Our suite was spacious, split over two floors and is furnished to a very high standard. Breakfast is included and is taken on the terrace watching the sun rise! The food is excellent and the restaurant, Bosmans, is a must. There is also a Bistro that is available when the main restaurant is closed. This is an ideal venue for visiting the Winelands and just relaxing.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
AnjaBoskenGM, General Manager at Grande Roche Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

My team and I were delighted to read your review of the Grande Roche Hotel.

It is our passion to ensure that all guests leave the Winelands with happy memories. Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

It was our anniversary while on holiday in south Africa ,. so I decided to take my wife to a 5 star Hotel for a few days..
we were shown the room, which was a few minutes walk across the garden.The room looked great so we decided to have it..We were tired after a long day, so before dressing for dinner we decided to have a glass of wine outside. I was carrying the two glasses,the door shut behind me. I was walking across the.garden to get another key. I asked a guest if I could use his phone to call reception, he said he couldn't stop he was looking for is kids, he was playing hide and seek ..On the way back I tripped on the path, having no footwear on I cut my toe and leg..The path needed relaying and the wooden bridge needed repair.I could have easily have broken my leg..
Having had first aid . I look for the cushion for the sunlounger they were none.My wife said she would like a bath but the plug leaked too fast.Having had the trouble, so I started looking for other faults.Which I found. The W.C. seat needed repair,the tiles on the bathroom floor needed grouting.the wall was damp. the aircon needed the thermostat adjusting it was too cold or too hot.With my cut leg we decided not to go to dinner. coming back in the dark wasn't a good idea The next morning, we decided to leave , only to find out I had left my lights on and my battery was flat. The only comment from the staff was "Oh it was your car with the lights on.. We were in a hurry to leave we carried our own cases the long.walk to the car.We carried on with our holiday in 3 Star B&B. I cant beleave our room was the only one with faults It seems to me most of the hotel needs a good maintenance job .Has another reviewer wrote Not 5 star Quality.

Room Tip: Don't take a room so far from the main hotel unless they have repaired the bridge and path....
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
AnjaBoskenGM, General Manager at Grande Roche Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Grande Roche Hotel.

I am most disappointed that we failed to deliver on our promise to impress.

Being a boutique hotel, I try to interact with all our guests during their stay in an attempt to address any concerns they might have. Your constructive criticism is much appreciated and we will use it to implement the necessary policies and procedures to ensure that this incident is not repeated.

Should you plan to return to the Grande Roche Hotel or to Paarl in general, please contact me directly as I would be honoured to assist with your booking and meet with you during your stay.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel is just amazing, from the moment you enter the gates to the moment you leave you will feel special. The staff really make this hotel something special, and should receive the highest recognition from the owners. How lovely it was to be checked in from the beautiful terrace with a glass of sparkling wine, and what a view it is. The rooms are very nice with a fantastic bathroom, and the bedroom hold a massive bed.
I received a lovely cake for my birthday, and must advise due to its pure yummyness i now weigh 20kg more!
Thank you to all of the staff, you are doing a fantastic job.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
AnjaBoskenGM, General Manager at Grande Roche Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

My team and I were delighted to read your review of the Grande Roche Hotel.

Well done to the Grande Roche Hotel team for making this a memorable experience.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The Grande Roche Hotel is definitely something special, from the welcoming to the food, to the special touches in the rooms. I thoroughly enjoyed the Bubbles and Braai and thought that the food was incredibly tasty and beautifully presented. One can see that the staff work hard and for me, what sets this hotel apart from some of the others I have been to, is the friendliness of the staff and dedication to ensure that each guest is well taken care of. Keep it up!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
AnjaBoskenGM, General Manager at Grande Roche Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

My team and I were delighted to read your review of the Grande Roche Hotel. We know it is the small details that count.

Well done to the Grande Roche team for making this a memorable experience.