“Best of the best”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Paarl
Centurion, South Africa
“Best of the best”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Grande Roche Paarl had breathtaking views of both Paarl Rock mountains as well as Drakenstein. The rooms are furnished and equipped with state of the art luxury fittings. Quality bath robes, toiletries and lots of white fluffy towels await you in the suite. Plenty of storage place. Gardens and grounds are kept meticulous. All the staff members are highly trained. Breakfast was a feast and dinner what one would expect the food of such a highly acclaimed hotel should be. Really felt spoilt and cared for.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
AnjaBoskenGM, General Manager at Grande Roche Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
My team and I were delighted to read your review of the Grande Roche Hotel as well as Bosman’s Restaurant.
We were also delighted to hear about your appreciation of our Grounds, it is so rare that this is mentioned.
It is our passion to ensure that all guests leave the Winelands with happy memories.
We do hope that you are able to return to the Grande Roche in the near future.
Anja Bosken

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Somerset West, South Africa
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I took my wife, as a treat, to this Superior Hotel in Paarl. Absolutely wonderful stay. The fireplace was blazing away and the reception excellent. Personal care was number one. We were accompanied to our room which is exceptional great with television and en suite bathroom with a very big shower but no bath.

Dinner was an exceptional five course meal. Everything out of the book with a sommelier standing by with a very extensive wine list at expensive price.
Breakfast was exceptional and the service that go with that.

An exceptional and worthwhile stay>

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
AnjaBoskenGM, General Manager at Grande Roche Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Jan Steve,
We do hope you and your wife will be able to return in the future. We would definitely recommend coming in the Summer time to experience the full beauty the Grande Roche has to offer.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The staff were the nicest most helpful people I have come across for a long time . We were a large party and they could not do enough for us . Always smiling and went out of their way to help on anything we requested. Rooms are nice , go for the split level rooms , food is excellent . We were low season so the menu was a little limited at times (not that it mattered) but was of a quality as good as anywhere else we ate. I would not hesitate to go back and hopefully soon. Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: go for the split level rooms they are better
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank anthony m
AnjaBoskenGM, General Manager at Grande Roche Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Anthony,
We do hope you and your friends are able to return to us in near future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I spent two nights at the Grand Roche while in Paarl recently - it was a truly lovely experience, with wonderful service and great food. The view from the porch over the mountains is truly spectacular. I stayed in an converted stable - the heated floor kept it warm even when it was cold outside.
I enjoyed their room service and ate another night in the restaurant. Great food, but portions a tad small.
If coming in the winter and looking for food, call ahead to see if the restaurant is open, particularly on Sunday.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
AnjaBoskenGM, General Manager at Grande Roche Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Rachel,
My team and I were delighted to read your review of the Grande Roche Hotel.
We are glad to hear that you were able to keep warm, especially during a South African winter.
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The 5 Star luxurious Grande Roche was my home away from home for 4 days, as a Mrs a South Africa 2014 Finalist when I attended the Lifestyle Challenge in June, and I loved every minute of my stay. Exquisite in its décor and design, a menu fit for a queen and staff who go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and to meet your needs. It’s definitely on the top of my list for best places to visit!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
My team and I were delighted to read your review of the Grande Roche Hotel.
We wish you the best for tomorrow evenings pageant.
Cape Town
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We spend one night and rate it as one of the finest 'boutique hotels' I have stayed in. The rooms ( 2 floor suite) was spacious, well furnished, excellent wifi connectivity and underfloor heating. What gives this hotel the leading edge is the personal service and small but welcomed gestures ( complimentary bottle of champagne), a filled bath and rose petals on the bath floor! Breakfast was also great.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
My team and I were delighted to read your review of the Grande Roche Hotel.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed one of our Duplex Suites and we hope that you are able to return in the near future and experience it once again.
Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My 3 night stay at Grande Roche Hotel on the foot of the Paarl Mountains was truly exquisite. Safe and Secure, The Staff was incredible, always available and genuinely pleasant. The Hospitality was warm and comfortable, they catered for every need and I particularly loved the breakfast buffet. There is pleanty of Private spaces to relax like example the Herb garden with the aroma of Lemon trees, lavender and Rosemary. Grande Roche has the option of intimate dinning experiences avalaible private and truly special. Grande Roche is definetely a small little oasis I would love to return to.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the Mountains.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
My team and I were delighted to read your review of the Grande Roche Hotel.
It was also nice to hear how you appreciated our little herb Garden as well as our Breakfast.
We do hope that you are able to visit us again soon.
Anja Bosken
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paarl
De Leeuwenhof Hotel/Guesthouse
#1 of 16 in Stellenbosch
Leeu House
Leeu House
#2 of 11 in Franschhoek

Been to Grande Roche Hotel? Share your experiences!