“Quaint and quiet”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Quaint and quiet”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Took some good friends on a spur of the moment idea for lunch on the Sat just after Christmas. The restaurant was quiet and lacked atmosphere. But the owner made a point of coming to greet us, and the staff who looked after us were very attentive and friendly.

The wine list was being revamped, so our choice was very limited. The food was acceptable, but no more than the average fare available most anywhere - although the Gazpacho was excellent. It had rained lightly so we were told the outdoor area was closed, sadly. An enjoyable, but not memorable, afternoon.

• Visited December 2013

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Very nice food and atmosphere, different than expected”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This place has a true mediterranean feel to it; make sure you sit in the garden in the back and it feels like walking into a greek restaurant. Unlike typical South African restaurants in this area. Service is good but maybe a bit formal. Quality of the food is very nice, value for money is ok.

• Visited January 2014
Boksburg, South Africa
“Good food and lovely garden seating”
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed the garden seating area, food was well presented and very tasty. The pan fried fish is a must if you enjoy fish. Friendly staff. Will definitely pay a visit again :)

Visited November 2013
Wellington, South Africa
“evening out”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We had a dinner at Marc's and I will not pay them a visit again. The waitress service was very good, but unfortunately we had slow service from the kitchen. Waiting on food to be delivered between courses up to 1 hour. I mean a pizza does not take that long? Owner no decency to make a proper excuse blaming it on the kitchen staff and computer system.

• Visited November 2013
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I called in for a light lunch.We were shown to a table in the rear of the restaurant which was very pleasant.

My wife ordered a burger and I a chicken wrap.My wife's burger was good whilst my wrap had very little chicken in it.I mentioned this to the waiter who said he would mention it to the chef whom I believe is also the owner.

Leaving he enquiried as to how we had enjoyed it I said the lack of chicken in the wrap was disappointing.His response was he would look in to it whilst continuing to drink his wine with a friend.

Not exactly the reply you would expect from the owner.A shame because I am sure it could be very a pleasant place to have an evening meal.

Visited October 2013