“Not just a meal. It’s a wonderful experience, it makes for memories, we are working our way through the entire menu.”
Review of Terra Mare

Terra Mare
Ranked #1 of 93 Restaurants in Paarl
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This spot has a well-deserved long-standing reputation. Expect to find consistent food (that ever-elusive ingredient to success) and friendly, efficient service thanks to the personal care of the owner, Olivier, and his family team. This popular Paarl restaurant offers an intriguing mix of European-style dishes with the best that this area has to offer. The owners, Olivier and Delenia Jaeggi-Wright, he being Swiss and she of Italian descent, bring a European sensibility to a cuisine that is never precious, but concentrates on maximum flavour in generous portions - the kind of cooking that has made it a favourite with the locals for many years. Helping Olivier with the cooking is Thabo Nqadini, who has been at Terra Mare for 9 years, adding his very own African touch to the Swiss style of the house....
Capetown
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is obviously not our first visit to Terra Mare and not my first review either. Words don't do this place justice, one has to experience it for yourself.

I see every meal at Terra Mare as an experience, you get excellent food, service from the waiters and the owner, and to watch the other people enjoying their meal creates an unique atmosphere.

The staff are professional, attentive and knowledgeable. When someone enjoys their job it shows and is a great asset to a restaurant.

As I am planning to work my way through the entire menu I don't really want to promote any dish but so far we enjoyed the steaks (Kudu Fillet and beef), prawns, trio of soups, duck, pasta's, as well as the astonishing desserts!

Will definitely return many times and will recommend Terra Mare to our friends!

Great food and lovely atmosphere”

Once again thanks to Oliver for the asset he creates in the Paarl, keep it up my man, see you all again soon.

Pieter and Maria

• Visited June 2014

Paarl, South Africa
“We will always go back for more!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Very friendly owner, excellent food and knowledgeable staff. Probably the best restaurant in
Paarl in terms of value for money. A good selection of wines (not only Paarl wines) and black board menu with daily specials apart from the normal a la carte menu, so plenty options to choose from. Have been visiting Terra Mare for years and will always go back for more.

• Visited February 2014
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Date night”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I love have a date night once a month. Last Thursday he happens to see a client who told him about a nice restaurant they had dinner at. I googled it and decided to make a booking and see.... Well, what a pleasant experience it turned out to be. The waiters are really friendly and the food... We ordered the three soups for starters. Yummy!!! I ordered fish for my main and it turned out to be a bit under done. Brought it to the waiters attention, and that was when the restaurant really shined. They took my plate, apologised and not long after that returned with a complete new meal. The food was really 5 star quality and we will return with our friends.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Cathrine K
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I normally come to this restaurant weekly,because I am normally in Paarl, I am a meat lover, this restaurant has a brilliant fillet, the presentation is great and I love puddings and they have the best teramisu ever. This is a wonderful restaurant with great service and food.

• Visited May 2014
Paarl, South Africa
“Good food”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great host and good cooking. No great views etc. Go there to eat and enjoy good company. Don't expect more.

Visited June 2014