“Divine Chocolates!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of DV Artisan Chocolate

DV Artisan Chocolate
Ranked #2 of 9 Shopping in Paarl
More attraction details
Owner description: DV Artisan Chocolate is a 'Bean to Bar' micro batch chocolate producer. Situated in an historic Cape Dutch manor house in the Cape winelands, DV offers visitors the opportunity to taste their 70 percent cacao single origin dark chocolate from various growing areas around the world and learn more about their unique process, with views from the tasting room into the factory. With no added flavourings, vegetable fats or emulsifiers, it is a remarkably pure product in which the flavours of the cacao shine through.
Kamuela
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Divine Chocolates!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

If you love dark chocolate do NOT miss this chocolate tasting. Really fun experience had by all of us.

Visited March 2014

• Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Chocolate heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I love chocolate and when our guide told us about a chocolate tasting place, it became a must on our list. We arrived at the place just in time to do a chocolate tasting. I was in haven! my favorite chocolate was from Uganda. Then we tried Uganda chocolate with espresso, what?!!! I think I was levitating with pleasure. Seriously, my eyes closed so I can have a moment to enjoy as much as I could those delicious flavors. My only regret is not having purchased more. Where can I buy more? I sent an e-mail last week to DV Chocolates but no answer yet. Do they mail the chocolates anywhere in the world? My favorites are 1st batch Uganda and from the Cafe collection: Expresso Fleur de Sel and Latte.

Visited September 2013
Cornell d, Owner at DV Artisan Chocolate, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for reviewing your visit to our chocolate factory. I apologise that we seem to have missed your email but in answer to your question: Yes, we do ship all over the world via our online store. Please visit our website for more information.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“1st Batch Taster Pack”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

I won't repeat the same comments below, but I definitely agree this is GREAT. As a confirmed chocaholic and wine drinker, this was one of the best experiences we had in the Cape Town area. We had a great guide (Allan Theron) who said this was "very special", and he was quite right. We did the tasting on May 24, 2013. This was the first time I could taste ALL the subtle differences that were described on the "tasting sheets".

We purchased several of the 1st Batch Taster Packs for our friends and ourselves. When I opened the box, it had the same information, but it was on a VERY tiny page. We need to buy a set of magnifying glasses for everyone at our chocolate tasting! I have two questions - what is the correct order to taste the six different chocolates? And is there a version of the information with larger type on your web site?

Visited May 2013
Cornell d, Owner at DV Artisan Chocolate, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our factory and thank you for taking some of our 1st Batch Taster Packs back home to share with friends. All the information contained in the small brochure is available on our website.

In our guided tastings we taste in the following order: Uganda, Madagascar, Trinidad, Venezuela Caracas, Sao Tome, Venezuela Rio Caribe. This way you will be starting with the least bitter chocolate and working your way up to the most intense and complex one. But we don't like to be too rigid about this...most important is that you take time, pay attention and have fun!
Cape Town
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“For those who are serious about "nice"!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

Great place near Paarl to do a chocolate tasting!
The guys at DV Artisan will take you and explain to you all about chocolates and the whole tasting will cost you just R20!!!
Also at the same venue (Spice Route) you will be able to do a beer tasting, wine tasting and a biltong tasting. Right next to this is Fairview. Great place to have a cheese tasting!!!
The view is also spectacular!!!

Visited January 2013
Scotland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“very interesting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

Visit the Spice Route next to Fairfield wines, Artisan Chocolate well worth visit, also on route Schnapps distilling ,and brewery

Visited January 2013