“Clean,comfortable but rather expensive.”

Lemoenkloof Guest House & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 48 Paarl B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Having read all the reviews on here I really thought this was going to be some special gem , don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with it , just not the wow factor that I was expecting from the price I was paying. Not a fantastic welcome either when I arrived on Friday afternoon, no explaining of breakfast times or other services ,to be honest I felt a bit of an inconvenience to the receptionist. The posy of fresh flowers in the room is a nice gesture, and the garden is very pretty.But the the place is really much more conference centre than guest house.

Room Tip: The garden room is nice with the doors leading out but this is an optional extra .
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gavster Bedlington

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Probably one of the best places I have stayed, and I travelled a lot. Bed was extremely comfortable and the customer service was excellent. If you want to spoil your loved ones take them here.
The breakfast was very tasty and service at the table not your ordinary breakfast buffet.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joggie C
Reviewed 12 February 2014

At arrival in my room I found the toilet dirty. I didn't have a bathmat came bathtime. I didn't complain because I didn't want to complain about what seemed at the time, as unimportant. On the Saturday my husband left at 7:45 because my son played a school tennis tournament, and I wasn't ready yet. While I was getting ready the staff, without knocking tried to unlock the door but my key was in the lock. I said through the door I wasn't ready yet. By 9:00 my husband came to fetch me and we returned at about 18:00 that evening. Our room was untouched - not cleaned at all! My husband went to reception to complain about this. We also had to park our car outside for 2 nights as there isn't enough parking. The guesthouse owners sent us a form to complete regarding service etc. We obviously didn't give a good review. The owner phoned me and actually didn't listen to what I had to say, but instead attacked me and said I left my room late and it was my responsibility to tell the staff to clean the room. He also said that if we had breakfast, we would have had the opportunity to complain because he is there in the mornings. I can't understand why he actually phoned me if he wasn't going to listen to what I had to say. And one last thing - he should say in his ad for his guesthouse that eating breakfast is compulsory!!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amelda E
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We spent Christmas Eve with family in Paarl but we couldn't overnight at their house, so we stayed at Lemoenkloof Guest House, which was within walking distance. We then left at 6am the next morning as we had three hours to drive to where we had to be for Christmas day. So we didn't exactly spend a lot of time at the guest house but I can say that it was a very comfortable all round - spacious room, lovely aircon, fantastic mattress and bedding. Parking very secure (behind locked gate). We were given a breakfast pack as we checked out before breakfsst was served. This was a nice touch, which we really appreciated.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SA-Girl-Gsy
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I hereby would like to recommend this facility and services at any time! The warmth and friendliness of the staff made me feel like a queen. The facilities: the garden made me appreciate the beauty of nature and unwind of all my stresses. I regard myself as a perfectionist and couldn't find a single mistake in my room! The poolarea, was great and gave our team to gather informal to reflect on the past day. The food! Preparations that was made for our meals were outstanding! The fine juices that were served with our meals complimented the menu in the best way! The assuarance and personal attention received by the management and owners are very impressive! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank kerlien
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I stayed in Lemoenkloof for the first time and I absolutely did not enjoy the experience at ALL.The dietery requirements were not adhered to. I called reception in the morning asking for an iron and I was told to come down to reception and iron AT the reception area. There were a queue of poor souls like me who just wanted to iron the creases out of their clothes. They served a noodle dish with chicken. The noodles tasted like they had been been burnt. Beverages were limited. Parking was an issue. My friend who is Muslim couldnt eat at the establishment though we were told that they do serve halaal food. The staff was generally unfriendly. Parking was an issue and when I spoke to the owner she looked at me and told me that I should have parked up front but firstly, there was no parking there, and secondly how was I suppose to know where I should park because I didnt know what room number must park where. She could have just said apologies for the confusion but you should have parked upfront and assisted me by opening the gate so I could move my car and park where I am supposed to park and have access to the house.

You will not see me at that establishment again. It was a terrible experience all together.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Thobela K
Cuddles01275, Owner at Lemoenkloof Guest House & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear Thobela. Thank you for your response. After 26 years in the hospitality industry, we would like to reassure you of our organizational skills and food standards.
W.r.t the dietary requirement and beverages: The entire two day menu plan was approved by your company, and all the chicken and fish was Halal. We served four different fruit juices plus coffee and tea at breakfast and lunch. For dinner, a full bar service was available. W.r.t the noodles, i assure you they were not burnt. In Asian cuisine, sesame oil is frequently used, which might be unfamiliar to the unaccustomed palate.
W.r.t ironing, the following info appears on the info sheet which is placed in all guest rooms: laundry is done on the premises. No ironing can be done between 6 and 8am. No services will be offered between 6 and 7 am... , as this time is vital for breakfast preparation.
We receive many compliments w.r.t the friendliness of our staff. We are sorry you did not experience them as such.
W.r.t the parking, you were part of a large corporate group and we really tried to accommodate everyone's parking needs. The normal procedure is to park on street, and after check in we show the guests their off street parking area closest to their rooms for their convenience. We are really sorry if in your case this procedure was not followed.
We would really be honored to see you back at Lemoenkloof Guesthouse and we are sure you will have a far less terrible experience on your return.

Kind Regards
Dion and Hanlie Naudé

Reviewed 5 November 2013

This is my 4th stay at Lemoenkloof and was as in past visits a very relaxed and comfortable base while travelling around the Western Cape.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful. One of our party left behind something in his room, and we received a call to let us know within a couple of hours of our departure.
Breakfasts were excellent and available at an earlier time than normal if you needed to leave earlier in the morning.
My room (13 I think) had been recently refurbished and was very nice with an amazing walkin shower.
Would highly recommend you give a try if you are in the area.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends