“Best hosts ever!”

Olives-on-Provident
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Parow
Olives-on-Provident
Ranked #2 of 8 Parow B&B and Inns
Mattsee, Austria
“Best hosts ever!”
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I've been in Cape Town for a research project. I booked a room at 'Olives on Provident' because of its good reviews on TripAdvisor. Yet, it exceeded my expectations. The guest house is lovely, comfortable (here I have to mention the bed!!!) and clean, but what really makes it unique is amazing Trudy! Not only that she made me feel like home, she took care of my transportation, and invested her time to show me beautiful South Africa! I will keep our trips and conversations in fond memory! Many thanks to her and her husband Terry who made my stay in Cape Town a wonderful experience! I will come back!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2011

I stayed for 2 nights at short notice at Olives on Provident due to a miscommunication about the nights i was booked to stay at my original guest house. Trudy (the owner) collected me swiftly from being stranded and installed me in a lovely suite of rooms with my own privare court yard. She allowed my friends who were staying elsewhere to use the swimming pool and gave us all towels. She also recommended good places to have dinner and gave us vouchers to get a discount. When i decided to have breakfast out with my friends she reduced my bill without me asking.

As we were not flying until 10 pm she let me keep my room all day and finally when i discovered upon getting home that the maid had tidied a jacket away into a cupboard so i had left it behind, she has arranged for a friend to bring it over to the Uk for me to collect.

All in all i had a lovely stay in Cape Town because of the great host that Trudy is to her guests. The rooms are very clean, well equipped and there is plenty of hot water and clean towels. it is an ideal base for exploring Cape town of you have a car and great views of the City, being slightly up a hill.

i would recommend this guest house to anyone as it is excellent value at the prices Trudy charges.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We have just had 3 weeks at a wonderful b&b. Room was large, very well maintained. Well appointed with aircon, kettle, bar fridge, coffee, TV. It's also the cleanest room imaginable. It has it's own private courtyard which is appointed with a cafe set and a sun lounger. Hand on heart the best breakfast you will ever have. It's a full English, with cereal, yoghurt, toast, home made jams, cheese cold meats and filter coffee. Perfect location. This place is 15 min from the airport, 5 to 10 min from mall 20 min to beach 25 min to winefarms. For 40 to 60 pounds a night this is an absolute bargain bargain bargain. We normally stay 4 and 5 star resort I can honestly say this modest 3 star b&b matches if not surpasses them.

• Stayed February 2011
Grahamstown
Reviewed 22 January 2011

My Italian friend and I stayed at Olives-on-Provident for a week in November 2010. All the great standards set by Trudy and Terry have been maintained... cleanliness, service and great breakfasts, however... the best of all is the personal attention one gets when needing directions, advice on Cape town attractions and where to eat. They know what is out there and can personally recommend places of interest or experiences to be had. You are a great team and we will certainly return again and again.

Thank you for an awesome stay. Ings and Michela

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Nipigon, Canada
Reviewed 18 November 2010

This B&B is 10 times better than any hotel/motel or inn I have ever visited, and I have visited many throughout the world. My hosts, Trudy and Terry were friendly, welcoming and couldn't do enough to help me and make suggestions as to where to go and sights to see - I was amazed at their knowledge of the area. They even picked me up from the airport!!! Their rooms are not only beautiful but extremely clean. The attention to detail in the decor was clearly evident. I just loved the private garden. I was told they had been rated as a 3 star which I really don't understand as it was clearly way above that. I just cannot say enough good things about this place. I promise, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Hove
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Lovely guest house in a quiet residential area about 20 minutes drive from the centre of Cape Town. Owners Terry & Trudy are execptional hosts. We were then in winter and came back every day to little touches like candles lit in our room and hot water bottles in the bed. They gave us free access to their wi fi. And the picee de resistance was after a World Cup game wghen they drove into Cape Town in the midst of post match traffic to give us a lift back to be sure we got back safely...and then stopped off on the way back to show us some breathtaking viewsof the City! While we slept in til lunchtime the next day they got up to look after other guests and still cooked us breakfast at midday. Wonderful people, really lovely place to stay if you have a car.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 8 July 2010

'Olives' came recommended, by a friend who lives in South Africa, and we had a great stay there. Situated in a quiet location 15 minutes from the centre of Cape Town, Olives is a perfect base to explore both the city centre along with the Cape area.

The bedrooms ( suites ) are both spacious and comfortable with all the amenities you would expect from a 4/5 star hotel. There is also a very comfortable lounge area where we spent time planning the days activities and catching up on events from home via the free wi-fi made available.

Trudy & Terry make you fell extremely welcome and are terrific hosts. From the great breakfast, with mushrooms :o), to advice on where to go: Restaurants, Bars, Wine Tasting Tours, local and historical sites they were both a fountain of knowledge.

The real difference between good and terrific hosts are the small things such as assistance they provided with minor medical care, helping with our broken car and helping us in finding accommodation further along the Garden Route for later on our tour............ they really are great hosts.

As said earlier we had a great stay with Trudy and Terry and will certainly stay on our next visit to Cape Town

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends