Based on this being a resort, I have to rate it lower. The room I stayed in for 8 nights in Aug 2011 was out-dated and tired -- furniture, decor and carpet (old and needed replacing) Everyday I killed at least one roach -- after the house keepers had cleaned.
The front desk staff were not very helpful, unless you got loud with them -- which you shouldn't have to do in order to get basic information.
The phone in my room did not work till the last night of my stay, and no one seemed to care.
It was in excess of 110 degrees every day and there is not a fridge in the room for water (options to get water are the bar and room service or you can pay an excessive amount for a small bottle left in the room, which is room temp) if you go out an purchase to bring back to the room, there is no way to cool it off -- again front desk folks didn't seem to care about this either. Room service menu's are not available in all of the rooms -- however, you are told at check in about room service being available in all rooms.
The common areas of this historic resort are very nice...the main resturant is amazing -- great service and local/fresh/flavorful food! So, highly recommend eating in the main resturant, but staying here.
No good place on the 'resort' to get a full good breakfast.
The owners really need to invest some money to restore the rooms here and stop relying on bus tours to stay open.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beloved by generations, this Arizona landmark, Historic Hotel of America and AAA 4 Diamond property couples historic charm with a truly modern sense of adventure. Relax in the elegant comfort of 331 casitas and suites, but be sure to carve out time for our legendary golf, superb spa, four pools - including a new 25-foot tower with twisting water slides -distinctive cuisine and innovative, Arizona-inspired programming. The Wigwam is the ideal choice for both locals and guests who seek exceptional accommodations, amenities, activities and service that are enriched by the genuine flavors and real character of Arizona’s past and present. Rich with over 80 years of tradition, The Wigwam inspires locals and guests to “Make Some History” by creating memorable stories and cherished new traditions of their very own. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Wigwam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wigwam Golf Hotel Litchfield Park
- The Wigwam Golf Resort And Spa
- The Wigwam Hotel
- Wigwam Hotel Litchfield Park
- The Wigwam Arizona/Litchfield Park