“Ehhhhhhh”

The Wigwam
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Litchfield Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Ok - in general it was fine. But I'm not sure I would bother going back.

What I liked: The bathrooms in the rooms were killer! Huge showers, huge soaking tub (my favorite part!) Interesting decor, liked the history of the place.

What I didn't like: Hard to find your rooms. I got lost every night I was there trying to find my room. If you have trouble walking, this isn't the place to stay. Yes, they have guys with golfcarts that can take you here and there...just hope they're available. They were renovating when I was there, so there was a lot of distractions/noise.

I don't know - I just wasn't overly impressed, but it was clean and a different experience so I wouldn't tell someone NOT to go, I just wouldn't feel the need to go again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ATLBuckeyeGirl
TheWigwam, General Manager at The Wigwam, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

It’s disappointing that although you’ve shared an appreciation for our hotel and our history, we were not able to fully impress you during your stay. We truly appreciate the feedback you have shared with us, thank you. One day we hope that we can welcome you back and exceed all your expectations.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,353)

Reviewed 2 October 2013

The usual Phoenix-Scottsdale axis is rather far from here, this is much more old-timey western in character and it is in the flatlands of Litchfield Park, west of Phoenix. Large Rooms, great water pressure in the showers and three fine golf courses is just the start. Lots of pools and such. Every single restaurant & bar was a treat with excellent food and beverage at a good value. We stayed about 4 days and we do get around a bit; can recommend to all golfers and it is a quaint & can be a romantic place. There is wonderful Western American Art & Sculptures everywhere. As with anywhere else, go at Max. Occupancy and on weekend and it will be just that, you can experience some of the problems that the * ratings describe. I read those as they generally are "punishing reviews" and I for one cannot conceive of giving 1/5 here. Also, I am told that sometimes they pair excellent deals with a certain airline .... so take a flyer that's a pretty safe choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your stay at The Wigwam. It brings us a great pleasure to learn about your appreciation for our resort, decor, golf courses, and restaurants. We hope that the next time you are visiting the area you will allow us the privilege of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

staff is the best I have ever seen. I have worked in the cruise industry and have traveled all over the world. The Wigwam is in my top three of places to stay..I feel very welcome at the Wigwam. The staff is outstanding

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

What a lovely review, thank you! It is a privilege to know that you found our associates to be so gracious. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we are honored to be among your top three choices for places to stay. Please come back and see us again soon as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Spent 6 days at the Wigwam resort golfing and eating. All the people at Wigwam were very nice and helpful. Golfed twice a day from Monday to Thurday and never had to wait. The food at the golf course and Litchfields restaurants was very good. The concierge was very helpful for getting our bording passes to come home. This is my second time to Wigwam and is still great place to stay and golf. You need to either come before or after October for golf as the courses are being reseeded and shut down all over the Phoenix area and at the Wigwam. Wigwam supposely keeps one course open during that time.We were blessed because the weather wasn't hotter than 94 during our stay.

Room Tip: We stayed right on the golf course. It was in our back yard.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

It was such a pleasure to welcome you back to The Wigwam and provide you with another great stay. We are so glad that during your six days with us you had the opportunity to enjoy our three championship golf courses in addition to a great experience dining at Litchfield’s. Thank you for sharing such a lovely review; we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed at the Wigwam for a weekend in early September 2013. It was so warm and unique that we returned the following weekend and upgraded to a suite. The breakfast food is quite good (egg white southwest omelette) and the grounds are meticulously maintained. The kids liked the main pool area since it featured 2 fairly large water slides with lifeguards on duty. Red's is the name of the bar adjacent to the golf course(s). The atmosphere is lively and the staff is knowledgeable and courteous. Oh yeah, there's also an awesome sushi and Mexican restaurant located right outside the gates of the Wigwam grounds on Old Litchfield Road. We are looking forward to the day that our travels lead us back to the Wigwam.

Room Tip: The luxury suites are well worth the modest price increase.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike Y
TheWigwam, General Manager at The Wigwam, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

We cannot thank you enough for sharing such a lovely review. It is always our desire to provide guests with everything they need to enjoy their visit and create many fond memories of their time at The Wigwam. We’re delighted the entire family had a wonderful time and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed here one night for a conference and the room I stayed in needed some serious updating. By far the worst hotel I have stayed in and would never return. Did not feel secure with the litle chain lock on the door to the outside. Window airconditioning unit was so loud it was difficult to sleep. Reminded me of the hotel/motel from the movie pyscho.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Kathy B

It is truly disheartening to learn that your experience was far from what we expect for our guests. Feedback, positive or otherwise, gives us the ability to continually improve the experience for future guests and for that, we are grateful. Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed for two nights recently for a business trip and was extremely pleased with the level of service, the cleanliness of the rooms, and the ample space in the room and resort.

The front desk was always staffed with a smiling, helpful host (I lost my sunglasses for about 20 minutes, asked for a cab, and also received a small antiseptic lotion to soothe a couple of horsefly bites I received).

The property was huge. I never once was disturbed by the sound of doors slamming, children screaming, or housekeeping knocking on doors. That being said, the distance from my room (literally next to the golf course) to the conference area clear across the resort was a little bit of a hike in 100F temperatures. To add to this, two of the three ice machines that I passed several times on my treks were out of commission, and at least one had algae growing in its filter. There is no mini fridge included with the room, so the fact that there was no ice either was bothersome.

The room was impressive, with a shower box, walk in closet, bar with sink, safe, flat screen LG tv and desk. The bed was extremely comfortable and the linens were luxurious. The room was clean, however I did discover a beetle and horsefly that must have made it in when housekeeping or myself entered or exited the room.

I purchased a meal to go from Red's bar and grill, and was pleased with the professionalism and promptness of the bartender on duty - I was in a hurry and he promised and delivered a meal and beverage so that I could return to my hotel room for a conference call.

My biggest complaint would be the shoddy WIFI; mostly everyone at the event I was attending (business travellers) would agree. The connection goes from full connectivity to none at all and back again, so doing anything more than sending a message or checking the weather will take a couple tries, to the point of frustration.

Unfortunately, I did not have a chance to utilize any of the four pools, the spa, tennis courts, bike rentals, golf course, or fitness equipment, but I sure wished I could have! Would absolutely recommend a business trip or relaxing vacation at this resort.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jessica A
TheWigwam, General Manager at The Wigwam, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you very much for your review and recommendation for The Wigwam. Our commitment to our customer is our highest priority and we are happy you were able to experience a high level of service during your stay. Whether our guests are with us for business or for pleasure, it is always our desire to provide them with everything they need to create a memorable stay. We deeply regret any inconveniences that you may have experienced with our Internet services; your comments will be shared with our team as we are continuously looking for ways to improve our guest’s experience. We would like to let you know refrigerators for guest rooms are available upon request and hope that on your next visit you will let us know if you need anything. Please come back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Litchfield Park
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area
Comfort Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
#2 of 9 in Goodyear

Been to The Wigwam? Share your experiences!