“Easter Brunch”

The Wigwam
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Litchfield Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I took my family to the Wigwam for Easter Brunch. WE had a 12:30 reservation and we arrived about 12:00. Luckily we arrived early I dropped by family off up front and then drove around for the next 20 minutes trying to find parking! Tons of cars were parked up and down the streets because of the lack of parking on the resort property. The problem is though, there are No parking signs up and down the street!
The lobby was very crowded with folks in a line trying to check in and this is expected on a holiday. We were taken to our table relatively quickly. We were a party of four and we waited on by our waitress for drinks quickly. This is where the positive comments end.
I was brought a cup of coffee that was luke warm and wasn't give a spoon to stir it with. I had to flag the waitress down for cream . She didn't bring a spoon with it and I used the table spoon give out with our silverware.
Any of the brunch items that had to do with breakfast, pancakes, sausage, bacon, these were all ice cold. The peel and eat shrimp was good though because it was meant to be service cold. The ham was very good I must say. In nut shell the food was national chain buffet quality but without the warms under the pans.
Now for the ending! Lucklily my 18 year old daughter and her boyfriend brought her care because she had to work later. I gave my card to our server and she went to handle the bill. 20 minutes later show up with the print out of someone else's bill for 8 people. She then apologized and went back to get the right bill. 40 minutes later she was still gone with my card and I flagged down a floor supervisor to track my wayward card down! 25 more minutes passed before I was brought my card so we could leave. At this point nothing enjoyable could be remembered by anyone and you were just a little angry about the 25% automatically added for service to a bill for four!! My advise is , the xtra drive from the West Valley to the resorts in Phoenix and Scottsdale would be well worth the time. Never again will I waist my time and ruin another holiday at the Wigwam! 20 more minutes to the Biltmore would have been a great decision! And oh how I miss the Brunch at the Phoenician!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank rfirewalker
TheWigwam, General Manager at The Wigwam, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

We couldn’t be more disappointed than to learn about your experience at our hotel, as our goal was to provide a relaxing and memorable brunch for everyone. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues you described. We would love another opportunity to welcome you back and have the chance to regain your trust in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,382)

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed the Friday night before Easter for a "staycation", but even those from out of town would have enjoyed this.The rooms were classic but clean and stylish. Turndown service by the Easter Bunny!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
TheWigwam, General Manager at The Wigwam, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

We're thrilled that you had the opportunity to experience a Easter staycation at The Wigwam. Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your visit and the turndown service provided by the Easter Bunny. Please visit us again soon as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We took advantage of the Easter package and couldn't be happier. Check in was easy and the bell desk was quite helpful directing us to our room. We had an upgrade to an Oasis terrace room. It was big, clean, and had a great view of the pool.

We had breakfast in the main building, but not at a restaurant. It was the breakfast with the Easter Bunny. The food was delicious and we enjoyed several different characters. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: The Oasis pool was nice, but if you are traveling with kids, you will definitely want to stay closer...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

How wonderful it was to have you here with us at The Wigwam. Thank you for all your delightful feedback, it means so much to us to learn that you had such a great stay. We are thrilled that everyone enjoyed the holiday breakfast, the friendliness of our staff and the comfort of your accommodations. Please visit us again soon as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This was our 5th stay with the same biannual business conference. Very friendly and helpful staff. A recent ownership change is evidenced by refurbishment in progress. Great facilities as you'd expect from a resort compared to a hotel. A bit disappointed with a couple of room service mistakes this visit, but otherwise enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

It is always a joy to welcome you back to The Wigwam. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoy coming back for your business conferences. We are delighted that our staff and the amenities we offer have had a positive impact on your overall experience. We would however like to apologize for any errors in room service and hope any inconvenience was minimal. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

My family of four stayed at the resort nearly a year ago (June 2013) but I'm still so annoyed by our visit, I want to write a review. Also, so many people have rated this hotel so highly, I wanted to present a different perspective.

My two sons and I were surprising my husband with a one-night stay on Father's Day weekend. We have visited many nice resorts: Westins, Sheratons, Loewe's, etc. We were looking forward to the "resort ambiance" that the Wigwam advertises. They also love to play up the hotel's history, and "old Arizona charm." Sadly, our experience was a poor one.

The reservations clerk had talked me into an upgrade to a casita, which sounded perfect. The room was much smaller than we thought, and in a horrible location right behind the pool. The DJ was blasting loud music for hours, and you could hear people screaming and frolicking in the pool until late in the evening. The room was "okay" but nothing special. There was a closed door near the beds that looked like your typical adjoining room door. It wasn't until bedtime, that I noticed that this door was slightly ajar, which alarmed me greatly, thinking someone from the other side could have access to our room. We called security - who came down and nonchalantly told us that it was a jammed, stuck door that was supposed to be open because it was the second half to our casita! That explained the small room we were in! The other half was a big, beautiful room with a couch, coffee maker, fireplace - all amenities we could have and should have been enjoying during our brief stay. We were only going to be eating breakfast and checking out the next day, so would be getting no use from the second half of our casita.

The worst past, was that the hotel could have cared less. No apology - no one said the maids should have left that door open, or that maintenance should have been sure that a door wasn't jammed. Even the clerk at check-in didn't tell us what to expect from our room. The other disappointments from our stay: the pool was crammed with so many people, you had to carefully WALK through it so you wouldn't knock into anyone. Their advertised kid's activities were a joke. They had some cheesy fake snow falling at the pool falling for about 3 minutes. They had also advertised a make-your-own sundae bar. It cost $5 per child, which would have been okay. However, the ice cream was melting in the June desert heat, and the toppings were melted and clumped together as well. My 9 year old (who loves sweets) wouldn't even finish the disgusting slop.

My final disappointment was the morning we checked out. A brochure in the room touted the Red Door Spa, and announced that it was Sample Sunday. "Come tour our beautiful spa and receive free deluxe samples!" When I walked in, the employees were visibly disappointed that they had to give me a tour. Then they kept me waiting for the samples. What I received were two lip balm sized containers, with product glopped into them, and someone wrote in Sharpie what the product was supposed to be. In other words, someone just pumped a few dollops of stuff out of their "deluxe product" bottles. How weird and gross is that?

We were so excited to have a "resort experience" and what we had instead was an old hotel that desperately wants to compete with the big dogs, but is incapable of matching their class, customer service, and attention to detail. I would recommend spending a little bit more, and spending your hard-earned money at the Westin Kierland, The Marriott at Desert Ridge - anywhere but here.

I know this review is long, but I felt compelled to write about our experience that was nearly a year ago. To be fair: the restaurant (Litchfield's) on site was very good. We did enjoy the bocce ball court with our children. Other than that, our visit was not a good one at all, and we will never go back.

Room Tip: Stay far away from the pool unless you want thumping music and screaming children noise until late i...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MamaBaer6

It is truly disappointing to learn that although you enjoyed dining at our restaurant and playing bocce ball, your overall stay was not as you had hoped. We would like to offer our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences you may have experienced and for the oversight with regard to the door in your casita. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. One day we hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with an experience that surpasses your expectations.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Every time I visit the Wigwam I'm transported to a resort of the 1950's and the Golden Age of travel. I feel the same as I walk the halls of the main building and look at the historic photos that line the walls. The rooms are outfitted well and the food and staff are fantastic!

If you are fine with a little drive outside all the hustle and bustle of downtown Phoenix the Wigwam is the place for you.

After the economic downturn of 2009 the new ownership group kept the property relevant by adding new pools and meeting space. It's really a great spot located just far enough away from downtown to make you feel like you're on a vacation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

The Wigwam has steadily grown over the last 80 years but it has been our goal to maintain its southwestern charm and preserve its history for all our guests to enjoy. We are so glad to welcome you back each time you return to our resort and we're thrilled by your appreciation for the look and feel of our property as well as for the friendliness of our staff. We hope that you will return soon as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Upon arrival the staff was right there at the car with a warm welcome, this was our second stay at the resort. Check in was smooth and the bellmen directed us via his cart to parking direct next to the room. We dined in the Litchfield restaurant the first evening and the food was great, I recommend the rib eye steak. Our room was comfortable and had a nice patio with seating. We dined for breakfast outside on a communal table and service was fast and efficient. We look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: we liked our location as it was close to lobby and restaurants.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

We love hearing from our return guests and would like to thank you for sharing such a lovely review. It was a such a pleasure to have you back here with us. We're thrilled that you enjoyed the level of service you received from our associates, your dining experience at Litchfield's, and the comfort of your room. Everyone is looking forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Litchfield Park
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
Comfort Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
#2 of 9 in Goodyear

Been to The Wigwam? Share your experiences!