“GREAT SUSHI FRIENDLY STAFF”
Review of Blu Sushi

Blu Sushi
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I was staying at the Wigwam which is across the street a very short walk. I ended up eating here three times. Blu is under new ownership and Jinny the new owner introduced herself and always makes sure you are satisfied. The sushi chef James is an artist. James always has a very nice presentation. Poki always waited on me with a smile and great service. Blu is very clean including the restrooms. The food is very good. I did not have one bad or mediocre meal on any of my three visits. Try the peach saki it was very good. The only complaint would be the rap music and no football channel which Jinny said she would be getting soon.

1  Thank leeMorrisIllinois

Reviewed 29 September 2012

We stayed at the Wigwam and the bellman said this has amazing sushi. He was right! We ordered the chefs platter and it was perfect. Fresh and tender sushi melted in our mouths. The atmosphere was quiet and the prices were great. It doesn't look like much from the outside but it is a treat inside. Living in Boston we are close the the sea and fresh fish but this place is a must eat!

2  Thank Joli07
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We have dined here twice on different trips to Litchfield Park. We loved the food! They were very accommodating to a large group and the Sushi is delicious. They do a great job of presentation as well.

5  Thank schoena02
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Right across the street from Wigwam. No driving necessary. Couldn't understand why it was so empty. The food was good and was reasonably priced.

5  Thank David G
Reviewed 17 January 2012

My husband and I were having a mini staycation @ the Wigwam and the maintenance man suggested Blu for we had a few cocktails at the pool earlier in the day and didn't want to drive.

I try to start every review with 5 stars, this is why Blu only received 3.

We arrived at about 6:30 on a Saturday evening to find only 3 other diners. We were greeted by the hostess who was pleasant and she actually ended up being our waitress. I guess when you only have a hand full of people dining you don't need much wait staff!

We ordered right away. Az Diamondback roll and a Philadelphia roll. Our drinks arrived very quickly but our food, it took forever. It literally took 30 minutes. While waiting we could listen to the reggae music playing loudly in the background, which we found kind of odd. Reggae in a Japanese restaurant! Waiting so long in an empty restaurant for very common rolls, minus 1 star.

When our food arrived it was presented nicely, but the Diamondback roll was imitation crab..seriously why doesn't it say you aren't getting real crab on the menu? I could have stopped at my local Fry's Marketplace and gotten 12 pieces for $5.95 and not had to wait! Minus 1 star.

The Philadelphia roll on the other hand was excellent. The salmon was fresh and flavorful. My only complaint was it had a little too much cream cheese.

Getting the check took just as long as getting our food. My husband finally had to walk over the person who was now standing at the hostess station and ask for our check..I was going to subtract another star but our dining experience was better than 2 stars.

The restaurant and restrooms were clean and everyone was nice so 3 stars it is.

Would I go back...probably not. For the price of our meal I expected a whole lot more from Blu..might explain why the place was still dead at 8:00 when we left.