“Sushi Novice” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blu Sushi

Blu Sushi
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Mass
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sushi Novice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

We had family staying with us over the holidays. We decided to go out and they asked if there was a good sushi restaurant nearby. I used Tripadvisor and found the Blu. We understood it was under new ownership and decided to give it a try. Although no one was at the hostess station, after making eye contact with someone a few times, we were then seated. The restaurant itself was neat and clean and even though our waitress was "in-training" we was very attentive to our needs. The owner came out to introduce herself to us and was extremely friendly. Even though I have to be neutral on the food as I am not a big fan of sushi, our other guests enjoyed it very much. The food was extremely fresh, presented very nicely and reasonably priced. I ordered their monkey-brains for an appetizer (read the menu to see what they are) and they were delicious. I then had salmon teriyaki as I did not care for the susi. I enjoyed it, but it came with white rice, which I also do not care for. The only negative to my meal was that it arrived after everyone else had started eating. The owner apologized, saying the head chef called out sick and that the other chef was overwhelmed (although only two other tables were occupied at that moment). I would recommend that folks try it for themselves and support our local restaurants.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jandj80

Morris, Illinois
“GREAT SUSHI FRIENDLY STAFF”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

I was staying at the Wigwam which is across the street a very short walk. I ended up eating here three times. Blu is under new ownership and Jinny the new owner introduced herself and always makes sure you are satisfied. The sushi chef James is an artist. James always has a very nice presentation. Poki always waited on me with a smile and great service. Blu is very clean including the restrooms. The food is very good. I did not have one bad or mediocre meal on any of my three visits. Try the peach saki it was very good. The only complaint would be the rap music and no football channel which Jinny said she would be getting soon.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank leeMorrisIllinois
Newport, Rhode Island
“Melt in you mouth sushi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

We stayed at the Wigwam and the bellman said this has amazing sushi. He was right! We ordered the chefs platter and it was perfect. Fresh and tender sushi melted in our mouths. The atmosphere was quiet and the prices were great. It doesn't look like much from the outside but it is a treat inside. Living in Boston we are close the the sea and fresh fish but this place is a must eat!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Joli07
Bothell, Washington
“Great Sushi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

We have dined here twice on different trips to Litchfield Park. We loved the food! They were very accommodating to a large group and the Sushi is delicious. They do a great job of presentation as well.

Visited June 2012
5 Thank schoena02
Phoenix
“Sushi near the Wigwam”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

Right across the street from Wigwam. No driving necessary. Couldn't understand why it was so empty. The food was good and was reasonably priced.

Visited May 2012