“Bad experience from beginning to end”
Review of Old Pueblo Cafe

Old Pueblo Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Bad experience from beginning to end”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My girl friend and I visited on Friday evening 02/21/14 arriving at approx 6pm. There were tables available on the patio, but we requested to sit inside. The hostess, a young male, told us it would be a 15 minute wait. After waiting over 50 minutes and watching two other parties getting seated inside before us when they arrived after us, we asked the hostess how much longer we'd have to wait. Mind you, we were standing by the hostess's table outside the entire time. He apologized, grabbed some menus, and told us he'd seat us. Then he proceeded to lead us to a table on the patio. When we rejected reminding him that we had been waiting for a table inside, he then sat us at a dirty table.

After being seated for about 10 minutes and requesting someone wipe down our table, we placed our orders. Forty-five minutes later and a bowl of chips and salsa consumed, our meals arrived. I ordered the sonoran enchiladas which were about average and my girl friend ordered a burrito. Both plates came with rice and beans, but my friend's looked as if they'd been put on the plate and left under a heat lamp for 30+ minutes. They were hard, dry, and stuck to the plate whereas mine were soft and moist. When we told the waitress, she offered to bring new sides, but we were done.

When we tried to explain our frustrations over our experience, the waitress left saying she'd get a manager. Then she returned and said she'd give my friend 10% off her meal which equated to about $1.20. Then she asked if we were done or wanted boxes. I asked for "boxes." She returned with one box handing it to me, took my friend's plate without asking and threw the rest of her meal in the garbage. My friend was planning on taking home her burrito, but she wasn't given the opportunity. While I can see how this was probably a misunderstanding, nevertheless, we were extremely disappointed.

2.5 hours later, we were leaving and agreed it definitely wasn't worth the wait. Next time, we'll go back to Taps (next door) where I've eaten many times and never been disappointed.

• Visited February 2014

Rochester, New York
“great for breakfast”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

My southwest omelette was delicious.
My kids loved th e or eggs and pancakes.
Th e coffee was served in a huge mug .
I loved it!
Compared to other breakfasts around the area, this cafe had the best food, outdoor seating and attentive staff. We had the best waitress and we will be back again !

Visited January 2014
Austin, Texas, United States
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Great food! Loved the Street Tacos (Carne Asada and Carnitas)! Can't beat the salsa and margaritas as well! Always friendly, prompt service!

• Visited December 2013
Litchfield Park, Arizona, United States
“Skip it”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Yuck. Had the carne asada and it wasn't even editable. .. had to send it back. Salsa is the only reason I gave this restaurant anything. Service was just Ok and the atmosphere, inside the actual restaurant, was horrible. The bar seemed a better choice just by looking at it. So disappointed because I wanted a great place close to our house. Skip it.

Goodyear
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So-so food with so-so service”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Average food. Average service. Average experience. We probably won't go there again. We used to go there regularly, but the quality has declined. Sadly.

Visited June 2013