“Excellent stay”

Ranked #39 of 112 Stellenbosch B&B and Inns
Karlsruhe, Germany
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I stayed for a week to visit a conference. The room was large, clean, and well-appointed. The ensuite bathroom was generous, with shower and bath tub, and modern layout and decoration. Breakfast was excellent, service was courteous, and the staff quick and friendly with help.

The location is lovely, but a bot out of town. It's still walkable to the center with most restaurants, but it's a walk, not a stroll ;-).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Traveller 2013 S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Switzerland
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We have stayed 3 nights. Our room was cozy and clean. Breakfast every day was different and delicious. Staff very welcoming and kind. Located in very quiet area, around 25 min walk to Stellenbosch center. It has secured parking. Would stay again and recommend it 100%.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Very beautiful, clean and quiet place and very friendly staff. I would recommend it to friends. The City center is a bit further away, so you will need a car to get to a restaurant. We enjoyed our stay

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Wellen, Belgium
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We were 6 persons and stayed for 3 nights : bedrooms ok, parking ok, breakfast ok. But the last day when we checked out, I forgot my medicinbag (with jewels in it). I called them and they said that they would look after it. The next morning I went back to catch my stuff and then all of a sudden there was nobody who could help me. The manager said that she checked personnaly every day the rooms of which people had left and she did not find my bag. So I was very disappointed because I knew I left my bag there; I will never ever stay there again, because they are not honest.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank 953bee
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We spent the weekend in Stellenbosch to try wines and good food. We chose the 5 season for being both in the city but away from the restaurant/crowd mess (10 blocks away from the city center).Comfortable rooms with big bathrooms, private parking lot (free of charge) cumplimentary internet and EXCELLENT breakfast. Chef Rochélle prepared our omelets and croissant-sandwiches with loving care and attention to each guest requests.
Elegant and charming, this guest house is a home away from home. Simply perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Durban
Reviewed 1 November 2013

A truelly luxurious and comfortable stay. Thank you for your hospitality.
Lovely pool area. Safe and beautiful surrounds for an early morning run, at the foot of the mountains and past horse paddocks. Breakfast was good and staff very pleasant. Sherry, tea and coffee in the kitchenette and a lovely little private pation to read the paper and enjoy a cup of tea.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Great Brak River, South Africa
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I read a few reviews on Tripadvisor about the place and I became interested. So when there was a chance to visit Stellenbosch I decided to stay there.

I was not disappointed. The place was ideal for my needs since I did not want to stay near where all the student activity is taking place. I was a student myself at Stellenbosch and I know what we were capable of at that time. The peacefulness of the neighbourhood thus suited me fine. The receptionist was professional and quickly showed us our room. The room was neat and had everything you need. It was close to the swimming pool but the weather was to cold to make use of it.

Breakfast was ready on time the next morning and was tastefully prepared. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple