This is a bit of a tricky one to review as it felt like a mix between a lovely place and a make-shift lodge. So, instead of saying that it was amazing or terrible , I will let the reader decide, depending on what's important to them.
Here are the things we enjoyed:
1) The location is great. It's in a quiet suburban street, but still very central
2) The staff is friendly and helpful
3) The rooms and common areas are clean and well maintained
4) We didn't have much breakfast (our appetite was low with all the good dining around), but the breakfast did look inviting
5) The pool is nice
6) Our room had its own little balcony overlooking the swimming pool. The room finishes were modern and well put together.
7) The rooms have aircons (although for some reason our remote got taken away on the second night)
8) The swimming pool is warm and inviting
Here are the things we weren't so happy about:
1) The stairs to our room (they are on the outside of the house) look rickety and as if they'll fall apart.
2) The upstairs rooms are separated by pre-fabricated thin walls and one can hear the next door people talking. The rooms are small and close together so they don't give much feeling of privacy. We had to close all the curtains to change as we were visible even from the pool below. The 2 downstairs rooms are by the walkway that everyone uses to get to the pool and other rooms, so the curtains have to be kept closed the whole time, making the rooms dark.
3) The bed was very small. It's a double bed (as opposed to queen or king). In South Africa we may be spoilt with space but we are used to larger beds.
The price was very fair, even given the high season of our stay. I would perhaps stay there again, but more likely if I am alone as I didn't sleep too well sharing the small bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to 5 SEASONS guesthouse, your stylish B&B in the heart of Stellenbosch, South Africa. Staying with us will make you instantly feel at home, for many different reasons. The 5 SEASONS is the ideal base to discover the breathtaking surroundings of the Western Cape - a paradise for all four seasons, and especially for the fifth - your holidays. After a wonderful day you will come back to your elegant suite, where comfort and our attentive service awaits you. From the first day, the 5 SEASONS will be your home away from home. Our house lies very quiet in a Jacaranda tree-lined back road, only five minutes walking distance away from the town center. You can choose from seven individual suites and a charming cottage, all with blooming garden and refreshing pool. You will reside in style, enjoy the charming d??cor in warm earth tones as well as the treasured accessories and you can relax in your cozy bathroom with luxurious skin products. Breakfast in the herb garden or on your private terrace? A short-term appointment in one of the famous Spas nearby? Fresh flowers in your room? No problem. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your 5 Seasons Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.