My husband and I planned just 1 day to visit wine country during a whirlwind tour of S.Africa - we chose Asara based on others recommendations and the stunning photos of the grounds... We're so happy with our choice, it was a wonderful experience! From the second we arrived, we knew we were in good hands. The service is top notch: glass of wine at check in, followed by a tour of the grounds, restaurants, lounge, tasting room and market - all were spectacular.
It ended up being a rainy day, so we decided last minute to get a driver to tour the wineries - rather than risk driving in unknown territory with wet roads- Kalin, at the front desk booked us a driver within minutes and we were on our way 30 min later. so great! **Incidentally, the wine tour company was Go Tours (http://www.gotours.co.za)...loved them also!
After visiting a number of wineries, we decided to have dinner at Raphael's, which was a quick walk from our hotel room.. the food was to die for! Service was great and the decor was very hip...we felt like Alice in wonderland with all the big & funky furniture.
To top off our fabulous stay, when we returned from dinner, the staff had covered our bed and bathroom with rose petals and ran a warm bath...it was our honeymoon and they truly made us feel so special. I would LOVE to return if I'm lucky enough to book another trip across the world. To future travelers, enjoy it!! oh, and be sure to get some of their homemade nougat from the market! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Asara is a 5-star hotel, set on a 180-hectare wine estate, in the heart of the Cape Winelands. The hotel offers warm hospitality, luxury accommodation, and the finest in food and wines - at highly competitive rates. A major feature of the hotel is its unique location on the Polkadraai Hills just outside of Stellenbosch, which affords stunning views of the surrounding vineyards and mountains, and creates a relaxed, get-away atmosphere. Asara is situated just 4kms from Stellenbosch and 25kms from Cape Town International Airport, making it ideal as a base from which to discover and explore the fabulous Cape Winelands, and further afield in the Western Cape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Asara Wine Estate & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asara Wine Estate And Hotel
- Asara Wine Estate Hotel Stellenbosch