“take-away portion”

Java Cafe
Ranked #30 of 257 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Price range: US$5 - US$50
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Java Bistro offer full breakfasts with lunch, dinner and an open show kitchen with qualified chefs preparing your gourmet meal to perfection Enjoy our side walk seating with a glass wine from our cellar with over a hundred to choose from
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“take-away portion”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We dined there on 5/7/2013, and ordered a Green Thai curry as my son could not join us for dinner. Only at home, when we opened the box, did I see the size of the portion - extremely small. I have phoned the restaurant at least 4x to speak to the owner, who is never there, but I have left a message for him to call me. I am still waiting for his call, 3 weeks later.
I shall definately not rush back there, as my calls were obviously not taken seriously.

There are many more restaurants to visit, not so?

• Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
“ok food and not too expensive.”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The food is good, not expensive, and relaxed. Maybe a little boring in a town with such great food as Stellenbosch. Nice waitresses. Wouldn't take a nice date there, but a nice place to get a decent meal.

Visited July 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good food but nothing to write home about”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I like the location of this eatery and the food was very nice. Nothing too exciting about the service or the experience. Just sort of average but still a nice spot to drop by.

Visited June 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Slow service”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The food is always good, but the service is always bad. I wouldn't rush back here.It is also very cramped in terms of seating arrangements.

• Visited May 2013
Tamworth, Australia
“Picked a bad day”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Meal was nice. Service was a bit slow. Still waiting for our water. I think we got there after the lunch rush and while there was staff shift change

Visited June 2013