“Great after dark atmosphere”
Review of Java Cafe

Java Cafe
Ranked #29 of 266 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Price range: US$5 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Java Bistro offer full breakfasts with lunch, dinner and an open show kitchen with qualified chefs preparing your gourmet meal to perfection Enjoy our side walk seating with a glass wine from our cellar with over a hundred to choose from
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped in to Java for a quick drink and ended up staying for dinner and enjoyed the trendy atmosphere on Sunday night. Plenty of people and nice place to sit outside, watch the sun go down and enjoy a red wine. Food good value for money and a relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had a really good lunch here during a quick stop in Stellenbosch. It seems to be quite a trendy place but our slightly bedraggled family were made very welcome anyway! My husband and I had excellent toasties; the teens particularly enjoyed their milkshakes but did like their food too! Good value as well.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have visited Java Cafe on many occasions, because the food is really good and there was a time when the coffee was phenomenal. Our last visit a couple of days ago made us realize that the service has been getting worse with every visit (to the point of quite rude) and the last 2 cappuccinos I ordered came after far too long a wait, and they were luke warm. The ultimate insult is the outside toilet. How can a restaurant expect their customers to be happy with such filth.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This restaurant has some very nice meals at affordable prices. Their pizzas and burgers are really good and the lamb korma was delicious (especially on a cold winter's night)! The pastas were recommended to us but we were a bit disappointed in the picata as it was a bit bland with an overkill of peppercorns.

My biggest concern with Java is that they do not have their own restrooms. You get handed a key that is attached to a disgusting wooden block that who knows how many people have handled (and not everyone is as adamant on personal hygiene..!) and then you have to go out the back of the restaurant through a passage to get to it.

Apart from this, I like Java and will return to try out more of their meals.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Java cafe is a located in the center of Stellenbosch, on historic church street. The waiters are mostly students, but service is really good. They have a fireplace on the inside and heaters on the outside - we sat outside and watched the world go by. Their menu is affordable and varied - I had the classic burger, while my mom had the chicken stack and my sister had a wrap. They were delicious. The only fault I have is the bathroom, which was a bit iffy.