“Shocking Service!!!!”

Ranked #43 of 263 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I am not the person that usually complains but I just can't let this one go!! I arrived at the restaurant to fetch my son's shoe that he left behind after a anniversary party that we attended. I decided I have time to kill before I have to fetch my kids from school so I would stay for a bite to eat, while my 3 year old plays on the jungle gym! Once I sat down I was rushed from beginning to end!! They had no electricity and the owner explained that to EVERYONE except me! The owner insisted on telling everyone around me that there was NO music obviously because my 3 year old was too noisy!!! I got given my bill by the owner, without the waiter even asking if I enjoyed my food and if I wanted anything else???? I referred this restaurant to friends, hence the Anniversary party we attended and I am sorry I did!!! You will never see me there again or any of my friends, because I will strongly make a point of degrading this restaurant, the way you degraded me!!! Take your jungle gym away if children irritate you!!! Pathetic!!'

1  Thank TammyTinelli

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Went there last night after some years. There were only three tables occupied. Although the taste and quality of the food was good. the prices were shocking!. R130 for a very small peace of line fish laid upon 2 split baby patatoes. When we complaint, the manager was extremely rude. We were also hurried to place our main course with our starters, as they had a wedding next door that was much more important than us. The manager told my wife they were jam packed. The way we were treated is shocking and La Pineta will never see us or any of our friends again as we will spread the news of being done in and handled absolutely unprofessional

Reviewed 13 October 2013

By the fire my girlfriend and I took our seats for what was to be the most tender, elegant Pepper fillet we have ever had. The texture and taste was perfect and complemented the Cab. Sauvignon well. For desert, we enjoyed creme brulee without a overly thick crust - something that is often hard to find. Good service, and even better view. Indeed a night to remember.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Found the restaurant on trip advisor and was blown away by the quality of the food. The place was nice a cosy with both fire places going. The waiter recommend everything we chose and did not disappoint, mushroom soup for starter, dry aged fillet for mains and creme brûlée for desert.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

The restaurant had a special on Lambshank and Oxtail. We decided to try both and it was delicous ! With the fire going, a good bottle of red wine and the rain pouring outside it was very cosy and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
The service was very good and friendly.We will certainly eat there again