All reviews delaire graff golf buggy stunning views complimentary mini bar infinity pool sauvignon blanc cape town our honeymoon heaven on earth main building small hotel surrounding mountains rooms are spacious beautiful place underfloor heating south africa boutique hotel
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed 2 nights here : lovely location, loveny room, but, the service was not good at all : we asked a few weeks in advance if they could bood us a table in restaurant Indochine... we arrived in the restaurant and.... no booking ... so we had to return to the room..... There was no staff after 8 pm..... the positive part : my hb forgot his iphone in the room and the brought it to Capetown

Room Tip: we had the honneymoonsuite and had a nice jaccuzi on our 2de terras
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lierke
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I'd like to thank Clouds Estate for an amazing experience.
Very modern look and feel to the whole estate, must be the most cleanest and tidy of places I've been to.

Surrounding is amazing, very peaceful and quiet, but still very close to Stellenbosch, and it is perfectly situated for trips to the winelands as it is very central to them all.

Will return in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed at clouds 9th -15th November 2013 in villa 10.
I was a bit nervous when booking it because we had stayed there 2 years ago, when it was owned by different owners, and my wife said it was her perfect place to stay in the world; so no pressure there then!
It has been transformed from all recognition - completely gutted and rebuilt. It is a very different place; less of the boho quirkiness and more of the funky contemporary style, which appeals to me more. The whole estate has been updated to a more 5 star level - including roads, gardens and parking.
The villa was immaculate and spacious with a great lounge/kitchenette space fronted by an 8 person dining table adjacent to sliding doors covering the whole of the front of the villa. Effectively the view of mountains from via the glass front was one of the most amazing views I have ever experienced from any hotel/apartment I've ever stayed in!
The bedroom was smaller but had a decent king size bed and the bathroom had double sinks and a great shower. The only downside from my wife's viewpoint was the lack of a bath to soak in with a book and a glass of the excellent Cloud's Estate rose.
Breakfast was in the main house, a short stroll of a couple of minutes. There was a selection of hot options and also multiple trips to the cold buffet and cereals bar - I never eat cereal but found myself munching my way through loads of home made muesli. The kitchenette was well equipped and we found ourselves preparing meals a couple of the nights when we just wanted to sit in and enjoy the villa. Of the local restaurants we went to, our favourite was Tokara (just over the main road outside the estate) and Bukhara in Stellenbosch (smaller brother to the Cape Town legend).

Room Tip: Would recommend villa 10 (there is no villa obstructing the view) although this might not be a good choice if you want a bath!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CurryBob
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We have stayed at Clouds one night and I must say, it was a night to remember! The view from our vila was magical, beautiful nature around us took our breath away. The owners and staff were very friendly, customer oriented and ready to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The vila was clean, very modern and spacious. Also had the chance to enjoy lovely dinner at a nearby location. Overall perfect place to rest, enjoy the nature around you and of course to have a nice glass of wine!! We will definitely return!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Two nights at Clouds, and dining via the Clouds' graciously offered golf cart to/from Delaire Graaf and Indochine, were absolutely perfect.
The hotel is designed, circa late 2012, with the most beautiful and contemporary finishes. The staff at this small establishment were attentive but unobtrusive. The villa (#8) was completely peaceful, with a beautiful infinity pool overlooking the most beautiful mountain view. Breakfast was all anyone could want.
Overall, I would recommended, wholeheartedly, Clouds Estate to anyone considering a visit to Cape Town and Stellenbosch area, whether for wine tasting or just relaxing.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family