All reviewsdelaire graffgolf buggystunning viewscomplimentary mini barinfinity poolsauvignon blanccape townour honeymoonheaven on earthmain buildingsmall hotelsurrounding mountainsrooms are spaciousbeautiful placeunderfloor heatingsouth africaboutique hotel
Reviewed 17 January 2014

My wife and myself stays 4 nights at Cloud Estate by end of November 2013. It is now the 7th time in a row that we visit south africa. This was one of the best guesthouses we have ever been. We liked the design very much, the hip furniture etc. The owner have just choosen the best of the best. I liked the orange Lounge Chair version of Charles Eames (because where I work we produce the original one). All details are clear and perfect. Of course also the stuff was amazing and the opportunities to go for dinner with the golf cart to Delaire Graff was wonderful. We CERTAINLY will come back asap. Once again, gratulation for this guesthouse.
Alberto Schulte and Anita Vogt, Switzerland

1  Thank rossigina
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The hotel is top modern, new and with a tastful design, yet comfortable. It is newly renovated,so do not look at older pictures, it looks totally different now. Clouds estate is a small luxury boutique hotel with style.There were only couples when we stayed there. We found the staff very helpful and friendly. They organized dinner for us at delaire graff (you have to go for dinner there, its great) and took us there with their buggy. Breakfast was with a lovely, small buffet, everything very fresh with a good selection of cheese, meat, fresh fruit, smoothies, good espresso and eggs cooked to your order. We loved it! We booked the honeymoon suite which was perfect in every way. The honeymoon suite has 2 huge terrasses, one with a jacuzzi, sun loungers, table with comfy chairs, the other balcony with table and chairs. The room is very bright, with glass front floor to ceiling on both sides and has a separate entrance. The two other smaller rooms on the upper floor share the same balcony, separated by wooden walls, so its not 100% private. If you do not go for the honeymoon suite, ask for one of this 2 other rooms as they have the nicest view. There are 2 rooms on the back side (entrance) of the hotel, one faces the stairs to the honeymoon suite with the bedroom, not so private. The poolside, the terrasse and the living room are all lovely places with modern design and great views. It's only a short ride to Stellenbosch, Franschoek or Cape Town. The x-factor of clouds estate is certainly the view over the valley.

Room Tip: honeymoon suite with jacuzzi and to terrasses. Rooms on upper floor, with balcony to the valley.
4  Thank luxuryvoyage
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed 2 nights here : lovely location, loveny room, but, the service was not good at all : we asked a few weeks in advance if they could bood us a table in restaurant Indochine... we arrived in the restaurant and.... no booking ... so we had to return to the room..... There was no staff after 8 pm..... the positive part : my hb forgot his iphone in the room and the brought it to Capetown

Room Tip: we had the honneymoonsuite and had a nice jaccuzi on our 2de terras
1  Thank Lierke
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I'd like to thank Clouds Estate for an amazing experience.
Very modern look and feel to the whole estate, must be the most cleanest and tidy of places I've been to.

Surrounding is amazing, very peaceful and quiet, but still very close to Stellenbosch, and it is perfectly situated for trips to the winelands as it is very central to them all.

Will return in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed at clouds 9th -15th November 2013 in villa 10.
I was a bit nervous when booking it because we had stayed there 2 years ago, when it was owned by different owners, and my wife said it was her perfect place to stay in the world; so no pressure there then!
It has been transformed from all recognition - completely gutted and rebuilt. It is a very different place; less of the boho quirkiness and more of the funky contemporary style, which appeals to me more. The whole estate has been updated to a more 5 star level - including roads, gardens and parking.
The villa was immaculate and spacious with a great lounge/kitchenette space fronted by an 8 person dining table adjacent to sliding doors covering the whole of the front of the villa. Effectively the view of mountains from via the glass front was one of the most amazing views I have ever experienced from any hotel/apartment I've ever stayed in!
The bedroom was smaller but had a decent king size bed and the bathroom had double sinks and a great shower. The only downside from my wife's viewpoint was the lack of a bath to soak in with a book and a glass of the excellent Cloud's Estate rose.
Breakfast was in the main house, a short stroll of a couple of minutes. There was a selection of hot options and also multiple trips to the cold buffet and cereals bar - I never eat cereal but found myself munching my way through loads of home made muesli. The kitchenette was well equipped and we found ourselves preparing meals a couple of the nights when we just wanted to sit in and enjoy the villa. Of the local restaurants we went to, our favourite was Tokara (just over the main road outside the estate) and Bukhara in Stellenbosch (smaller brother to the Cape Town legend).

Room Tip: Would recommend villa 10 (there is no villa obstructing the view) although this might not be a good choice if you want a bath!
1  Thank CurryBob