“A unique dining experience while touring vineyards” 5 of 5 bubbles

96 Winery Road Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 244 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: European, International, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, View, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The iconic winelands restaurant,great views of the local Helderberg and a firm favourite amongst the Stellenbosch locals for the past 15 years and still wowing the faithful. A firm reputation for outstanding, friendly service, great food, wonderful steaks and remarkably good value, with the best selection of wines.Frequent award winner and each dining area has a cosy fireplace for the winter.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“A unique dining experience while touring vineyards”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

My wife and I had lunch at this restaurant, as it had been recommended by an acquaintance of ours whom we met in America, but lived in South Africa and represents several vineyards.

The setting is rustic and very pleasant. We dined on the outdoor patio with views of the vineyard, and gardens.

The food was wonderful, and the presentation and service excellent.

My advice if you order a meat dish that can be prepared as rare, medium or well done is to ask for it to be done one level more than you like - medium comes out rare etc.

The price for the meal was extremely reasonable and an excellent value. Obviously, wines from their winery are available, and their Chardonnay is one of the award-winners in the area.

96 Winery Road is off the beaten track, and is well worth the stop for a wonderful dining experience.

Somerset West, South Africa
“Real class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

As a local I have been to this restaurant several times, but this is the first time I have had the Creme Brûlée. Believe me as a bit of a connesuire when it comes to Creme Brûlée, this was the best I've ever had. My wife had the Caffine Fix which she said was divine. I found the Rump steak disappointing but can't blame the restaurant for the cut of beef, which a bit chewy. My wife and daughters had the hollandse pepper fillet which I'm sorry I did not order. All in all a supurb meal, whilst the service could have been faster. We were about the only locals in a full restaurant of foreigners who were given preference I must say......

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DougCapeTown
Lahr, Germany
“Not tender steaks!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

We've been here several times in former years; normally a reliable steak restaurant. This time our t-bone-seak and rumpsteak were both not tender. The french fries were fluffy. Service nice but not very attentive.
There are so many excellent options around; we'll take this restaurant from our list.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dils2003
Villingen-Schwenningen, Germany
“Top 3 foods ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

had the most amazing steak there I've eaten ever. Well worth the drive and the wait. But do make reservations.

Visited November 2013
Somerset West, South Africa
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Our company hosted their manager’s year end dinner at 96 Winery Road restaurant, on Friday the 06 December 2013. The event was a huge success, and this was only because of the great service and excellent food and magical atmosphere. All our guests where ranting and raving how fresh and delicious their meals were, from starters to desert. I don’t think we could have picked a better venue for our event! On behalf of the company, I would like to thank the owners and the staff that served us, especially the very talented chefs who catered for us. Thank you once again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
96Allan, Owner at 96 Winery Road Restaurant, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your evening with us. We are thrilled your guests all had such a good time. It was our great pleasure to host you all.