“Beautiful Scenery and Delicious Wine”

Tsiba Tsiba Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 113 Food & Drink in Stellenbosch
More attraction details
Owner description: Passionate about wine! Based in the heart of the winelands, our specialty is wine! We cater for those that want to have an informal, informative and fun day out in the beautiful wine country, be they wine novices, connoisseurs or wine lovers! Our tours differ daily but have one thing in common....small family ,historical vineyards that are hidden away in the valleys are our preferred destinations. We want you to spend a day enjoying award winning wines, fine cuisine and admiring spectacular scenery.Our group tours are small ( max13pax ) which enables us to give you personal attention and look after your wine preferences and needs.We collect you from your accommodation in Cape Town and Stellenbosch and visit the regions of Franschhoek, Paarl and Stellenbosch. The tour is flexible and varies daily once the qualified guide has had a chat to you about your wine preferences etc. We also can cater for private tours. Private tours allow us to tailor the day to suit your needs entirely or join a group tour for a fantastic introduction to this beautiful part of the Cape!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 19 July 2014

It’s hard not to enjoy a trip where you ride around in a comfortable van, stopping off at picturesque vineyards and drinking great wine. This was no exception. All the vineyards we visited were a good time, Muratie was our favourite (why didn’t we buy more of it when we were there…), and the conversation with Willam, our guide, was interesting.

1  Thank torontoalin
Willem S, Owner at Tsiba Tsiba Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your wine experience with us. It was a pleasure showing you our beautiful countryside and introducing you to great wines with interesting conversations ! Regards Willem

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I would like to thank Eileen of Tsiba Tsiba for giving us an amazing tour of the winelands on Friday 30th May 2014. This is the first time that either of us have been on a winelands tour and Eileen possesses a great knowledge of wine, as well as local customs, traditions, coupled with an awareness of some of the wider elements of visiting South Africa.

Eileen was early (!) to meet us at our hotel and we promptly drove towards the first vineyard. The good thing about Eileen is she very much takes you off the 'beaten track' - visiting some of the smaller, niche settings. Eileen shown an interest not only in the wine but my wife and I as people and was prepared to share her own experiences.... Such an informal approach is just what we were looking for.

As an aside, if you are considering doing a vineyard tour with Tsiba Tsiba I would highly recommend the individual tour.... Eileen tailors the tour at your own pace and you can relax in each others company.

Many thanks Eileen for a memorable day! We will return and look forward to seeing you then...

David & Emma

Willem S, Owner at Tsiba Tsiba Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Hi David and Emma,
Thank you for your review, I love to go "off the beaten track " to the hidden gems in the winelands ! I had a wonderful time in your company and hope to meet again in the future 'Kind regards Eileen

Reviewed 1 June 2014

What a fantastic and memorable day! I’m so glad we booked our tour with Tsiba Tsiba for a private tour and were fortunate enough to be guided around by Willem for our first visit to Stellenbosch!

Willem was an excellent guide, not only was he able to develop an itinerary that aligned to the types of wines we enjoyed, he was able to provide us so much more knowledge on the local area and its history. In all during the day we visited four wineries and also stopped for lunch. The pace of the day was very well thought out and ensured we had time to really enjoy the experience.

I’d highly recommend using Tsiba Tsiba to anyone visiting the region and wanting a personalised tour experience.

Hi Mitch and Daniela , Thank you for your review. I am glad that we were able to introduce you to South Africa's " Bush Vine Wine "! I had a great time with you both and look forward to your return ! Regards Willem

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our wine tour with Tsiba Tsiba in March. Eileen picked us up from our hotel, and we visited six vineyards, plus we enjoyed an amazing lunch during our day out in Stellenbosch. Eileen was even able to get us into a very small vineyard that we discovered by having a bottle of their wine in a restaurant in Cape Town!

It was a perfect day out, with well-thought out locations, a lovely hostess and of course, delicious wine.

Willem S, Owner at Tsiba Tsiba Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you so much for your review. Because we have such a close relationship with the owners and winemakers we always go the "extra mile " for our clients to make sure they have a memorable experience ! Kind regards Eileen

Reviewed 1 May 2014

On a previous visit to South Africa In May 2013, I booked through this company to take my wife and I on a full day private wine tasting tour not knowing quite what to expect. Led by an excellent guide in Willem, we were treated to a wonderful experience that day. Therefore upon returning to the area this year it was an easy decision to re-book with these guys in the hope of them providing us with another similarly fantastic day out.

This time our private tour was led by Willem’s wife, Eileen. It must be highlighted that she was equally as good company as her husband whilst also being a fabulous guide. In fact I was so impressed and confident in their ability to provide a top class experience that I arranged for Eileen to take my parents out for the day on a private wine tasting tour. I can happily report that my folks were similarly impressed and gushing in their praise of Eileen and for their experience and day out.

This time around, Eileen picked us up at our guest house in Camps Bay at 9.30am. One of the benefits of opting for a private tour as opposed to a group tour is the degree of flexibility it offers you, particularly if you have a preference for one type of wine or if you have done some prior research and noted specific wineries that you would like to visit.

I had emailed these guys a few days before with a rough brief of what we liked together with a couple of estates we would like to include in our itinerary. On route from Camps Bay into wine country Eileen, from the skeleton outline I had given, quickly devised a plan she felt would flow well during the course of the day. Now, you would certainly not need to do any pre-planning as these guys will devise a fantastic day out for you on the hop. However bear in mind that if you do have specific preferences then pipe up because on a private tour they will strive to accommodate your requests.

We did 3 wineries in the morning, had lunch then 2 more in the afternoon which we felt worked well. We started the day with a cheese and wine pairing at Aurora in Paarl. From Aurora we went to Kanonkop in Stellenbosch and sampled before buying some great reds. Then we went to Stark-Conde which has the most amazing setting for its tasting room, with it being out on an island over a lake. After this we broke for a nice lunch at Guardian’s Peak then after lunch we went in search of more quality reds at Rust En Vrede. We finished the day off with a quick stop at the historic Meerlust winery.

By this point we were both suitably merry and over laden by newly acquired bottles of red wine and so we were gently escorted and dropped off at our new guest house in Stellenbosch to complete what had been another terrific day out with this company.
It goes without saying we are big fans of these guys and again goes without saying that when we are back in the area we will be going for a hat trick of memories courtesy of Tsiba Tisba.

Willem S, Owner at Tsiba Tsiba Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Hi Paul and Mhairi , Thank you for a wonderful review and for supporting us. I feel we have become firm friends over the days you have been with us and we look forward to new adventures with you in the future. Keep well Regards Willem