This is a great hotel in every aspect. Our well appointed room had one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The bathroom was huge and had very high quality fixtures and a wonderful shower. There was a large hallway in our room while the living space was average sized. We also had a nice balcony overlooking the pool.
The common areas are decorated in traditional tones and looked very classy. Everything was extremely clean including two sitting rooms off the entrance. The free breakfast was amazing with a very sizable assortment of hot and cold options. We wished they were open for lunch and dinner (you need to make an appointment in advance). There is also an attached spa - I had a very nice massage at a reasonable rate. The only drawbacks I recall were the spotty in-room internet reception and the lack of a fitness room.
The hotel is right in the heart of Stellenbosch so you can walk to everything. We are looking forward to a return visit at the Coopmanjuijs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1713, Coopmanhuijs was one of the first grand residences in the heart of historic Stellenbosch, and is now surrounded by the town's many stylish shops, galleries and museums. The rooms in the Manor House and newly built rooms overlook a outdoor pool and a walled courtyard. Guests can enjoy meals from the Provencal kitchen and dine at leisure with a glass of fine Cape wine in the courtyard or in the intimate Helena's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel Stellenbosch
- Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel And Spa