Almost hate to add to all the positive reviews here as this place could get too crowded. They are opening a restaurant soon. May get busy.
I am extremely picky and spend nearly half the year on the road. Cannot find fault here. Highlights include:
- Great location: central for walking, safe.
- Historical building: if you are a history buff like me you'll like that part.
- SUPERB breakfast. I could've spent hours each day just eating breakfast.
- BEST COFFEE I've had in years -- they use beans from a local roaster in a fine espresso machine
- Room - most comfy bed ever, lovely decor, cleaner than anyplace else I've been in S. Africa
- Staff = busy, service-oriented, always smiling.
Only drawback for me was I wish spa had been open more, would've used sauna, steam room, had more treatments.
- Had a good burger next door at Basic.
- Did not particularly enjoy Lebanese restaurant recommended around the corner.
- LOVED Thelema wines.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1713, Coopmanhuijs was one of the first grand residences in the heart of historic Stellenbosch, and is now surrounded by the town's many stylish shops, galleries and museums. The rooms in the Manor House and newly built rooms overlook a outdoor pool and a walled courtyard. Guests can enjoy meals from the Provencal kitchen and dine at leisure with a glass of fine Cape wine in the courtyard or in the intimate Helena's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel Stellenbosch