We stayed for just over a week. It's a beautiful old building in central Stellenbosch -- converted into a hotel in recent years. A far cry from the usual hotels which are cookie cutter designs ... each room seemed to be different (but all beautiful!). It can be a bit confusing, but once you learn which little corridor your room is behind, it's all good.
We got an excellent deal on booking.com (off season) and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was delicious -- a wide range of cooked options made-to-order and nice fruits, cereals, pastries, breads, cold meats & cheeses too. The staff were wonderfully welcoming and helpful without being at all intrusive. Our room wasn't massive but was perfect for our needs -- after all, in a town like Stellenbosch you'll be out and about a lot! The bathroom was really nice, with a rain shower and underfloor heating (appreciated in the Cape winter).
Parking in Stellenbosch can be a bit of a nightmare, so the (free) valet parking was a nice touch too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1713, Coopmanhuijs was one of the first grand residences in the heart of historic Stellenbosch, and is now surrounded by the town's many stylish shops, galleries and museums. The rooms in the Manor House and newly built rooms overlook a outdoor pool and a walled courtyard. Guests can enjoy meals from the Provencal kitchen and dine at leisure with a glass of fine Cape wine in the courtyard or in the intimate Helena's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel Stellenbosch
- Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel And Spa