It is hard to be anything less than enthusiastic about this smart boutique hotel.
From the warm and chipper welcome by the staff at the front desk, to the servers at the exceptional buffet breakfast, to the gracious and knowledgeable manager about local wineries, restaurants, the best route back to the airport, etc., everything was flawless.
Free and speedy valet parking, free wifi, a fireplace library for an after dinner drink or coffee, and perusal of books about South Africa, it was all wonderful.
The hotel is in the center of a very walkable and historic town, with restaurants of every style and price range nearby. The hotel restaurant is also very good, with imaginative food and a nice wine list.
We'd go back in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1713, Coopmanhuijs was one of the first grand residences in the heart of historic Stellenbosch, and is now surrounded by the town's many stylish shops, galleries and museums. The rooms in the Manor House and newly built rooms overlook a outdoor pool and a walled courtyard. Guests can enjoy meals from the Provencal kitchen and dine at leisure with a glass of fine Cape wine in the courtyard or in the intimate Helena's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel Stellenbosch
- Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel And Spa