I am a bit of a loss to know just how to review this hotel overall. When we arrived we had a bit of a frantic experience on discovering that the parking is not easily accessible (it is in an offsite car park with valet service) and we were not too impressed with the room, which was a bit small by comparison with others we had stayed in on the trip. Then the restaurant staff showed no knowledge of a restaurant reservation which I had made, until I could show the confirmation email. BUT, after the initial hiccups, the friendliness and attentiveness of the service won us over completely. We enjoyed our stay so much in the end that I would have scored 9 out of 10 or 4.5 out of 5 if that had been available.
Also very good food and right at the heart of Stellenbosch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1713, Coopmanhuijs was one of the first grand residences in the heart of historic Stellenbosch, and is now surrounded by the town's many stylish shops, galleries and museums. The rooms in the Manor House and newly built rooms overlook a outdoor pool and a walled courtyard. Guests can enjoy meals from the Provencal kitchen and dine at leisure with a glass of fine Cape wine in the courtyard or in the intimate Helena's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel Stellenbosch
- Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel And Spa