As a first time visitor to S Africa, my experiences thus far of staying in hotels have been mixed, some have been outstanding in terms of appearance with lousy service, others have had the worst plumbing I have ever experienced and thus far, i have stayed in two rooms next to giant air conditioning units which were so loud that i could not sleep. However, this place is a joy. From the moment we walked in, the standard of service was exemplary. Most hotels say nothing is too much trouble but they don't mean it - unless you are prepared to pay extra on top of extra but this establishment stands by its word.
The evening meal in Helena's Restaurant was excellent, the breakfast was one of the best I've ever experienced in terms of quality and variety.
The room was not the largest I've stayed in but had every amenity and was spotless.
I cannot rate this place highly enough.
Well done to staff and owner(s).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1713, Coopmanhuijs was one of the first grand residences in the heart of historic Stellenbosch, and is now surrounded by the town's many stylish shops, galleries and museums. The rooms in the Manor House and newly built rooms overlook a outdoor pool and a walled courtyard. Guests can enjoy meals from the Provencal kitchen and dine at leisure with a glass of fine Cape wine in the courtyard or in the intimate Helena's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel Stellenbosch
- Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel And Spa