“Spa treatments = Perfect Birthday”

Delaire Graff Estate - Lodges and Spa
“Spa treatments = Perfect Birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

I woke up on my birthday and it was raining & yes, snow on the Franschhoek mountains, however this did not damper my mood as I had 250 min of treatments at Delaire Graff to look forward to. I just want to thank Annemie at the Delaire Graff Spa for her professional and friendly service. She made me feel very comfortable, explained procedures very well and gave me an awesome massage! The Spa is beautifully appointed with very spacious treatment rooms. I will be back (and have some MCC next time)!

Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank D B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

I was surprised by my lovely other half on my birthday - we drove from Cape Town and when I realised where he was taking me for a spa morning and lunch i was so happy. Beautiful location - like heaven! Lovely spa morning and lunch overlooking the best spot - i was truly delighted.
Thank you also to the lovely staff who signed a birthday card for me and also the chef who surprised us with beautiful little cake samples - just superb. Food was lovely and i just can't tell you in words what an amazing view this was. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

One of the best destinations in South Africa, from the food at Indochine restaurant, to the art works all over the estate. The Delaire Graff Estate is breathtaking, and the staff world-class. This is most certainly a destination South Africa can be very proud of.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

My Fiance and I visited this estate in July, it was recommended by a friend of ours.
I have to say from the time of booking the accommodation via email the service was fantastic.
We were fortunate to visit on a weekend where the weather had cleared. The service is unsurpassed, these people are the best in the country as far as we are concerned. The staff are extremely friendly and caring, no expense or effort is spared to ensure you have the best stay possible.
Both the restaurants are first class from food to service. We can't fault these guys and I highly recommend you visit and stay at this estate.

The private lodges are fully kitted with everything you need, from Nespresso machine, ipad, ipod dock, LCD pop up TV, private pool, and butlers kitchen.

Even the roads in the vinyards are paved!

Stunning views from the lodge over the valley and vinyards.

The spa is also excellent.

They really went out of their way for us!

Thank you! we will see you again soon!

Room Tip: You need to stay for a minimum of two nights to try and enjoy the spa and both restaurants. 3 night...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kinetic46
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

I have never stayed in a more magical place. The views are fantastic and the service is phenomenal. The accommodation is very obviously 5 star and we took full advantage of our private pool. Sadly we only stayed for 1 night but our friends (staying next door) extended their trip and enjoyed the facilities.I had a light lunch served in our lodge for a few family and friends on the day we arrived and everyone including myself was raving about the food. We hosted our wedding party at Delaire on the Sat night and people are still talking about the food and wine. We had breakfast in our room on our final day and it was the perfect ending to a brilliant stay. We can't wait to get back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LindyS1
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

my wife and i took 2 days off to visit stellenbosch while we were in cape town.
we decided on the Delaire graff estate.
the rooms and views were to die for.
even though it rained the whole time, it was fantastic,service, food and free transport to local restaurants.
try the Reuben's restaurant in the nearby franschhock fantastic food and great value.
their own wine was fab and they give you free glass every evening with free canapés.
it was expense but worth every penny.
only 45 mins from cape town
i also used their car service from cape town and back,well worth it.
pity we didn't get any free diamonds while we were there!!

Room Tip: very few rooms and all individual bungalows, so any one is good
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lordcave
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

Wonderful setting with beautifully appointed suites. I loved the sophisticated & chic interiors in our deluxe suite & one of the larger private plunge pools I have seen in a while & that’s all before remarking on the breathtaking views! Totally sublime in my opinion! Service was efficient & discreet & we really loved the touch of the Delaire Graff rose wine waiting for us on ice on arrival. The canapés & champagne for sun-downers was also wonderful touch.

We were very lucky with the weather & experienced one of those stunning winter days in the Cape with bright blue skies & sunshine so this helped us to enjoy a dip in the pool whilst enjoying the mountain views & magnificent sunset.

For me the dinner at Indochine was one of the best dinners I have experienced in Cape Town in a long time. Again, service was wonderful & the food was to-die-for. I believe the chef is local young man & must say that he is a rare talent & is able to plate-up approachable food that everyone can enjoy but in a beautiful & refined way. Well done to him & his kitchen team.

The only down side that we were only at Delaire Graff for one night but I will be sure to return & experience more of the truly magical place.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kerry C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stellenbosch
Lanzerac Hotel & Spa
Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel & Spa
Clouds Wine & Guest Estate
Clouds Wine & Guest Estate
#1 of 50 in Stellenbosch

Been to Delaire Graff Estate - Lodges and Spa? Share your experiences!